One | 一

One

Her [eye color] eyes were completely focused on the ball in red, green and white. She bent her knees and pushed herself upwards, reaching her hands out for the ball. A spark lit up within her when she made contact with the ball. Adrenaline was pumping through her veins more than ever. She slapped the ball with all her might, sending the ball down in an incredible speed with a satisfying loud thud. She landed on her feet neatly with the widest smile, nearly tearing up her face.

"One more time!" She exclaimed.

This is what she loves about volleyball.

--

The school bell rang, signaling the end of class, and the beginning of club activities. Beside her, Hinata was already frantically shoving all of this stationaries and books into his sling bag.

"Calm down, Hinata." [Name] sweat dropped as she watched the orange head nearly crumpling his books in the process.

"I just don't want to waste any more time, [Name]-chan! I want to play volleyball as soon as I can!" He exclaimed, zipping up his bag and removing his black blazer. "I'm heading out, [Name]-chan! See you!" Hinata waved at her as he rushed to the hall, excited as ever for his volleyball practice.

"See you!" She smiled even though he was probably already long gone. She shook her head as she remembered how he was so pumped up on the first day of school. He could barely remain seated in class next to you.

She asked him why he was so restless and he just simply replied, "I can't wait to join the volleyball team!" But he came to class the next morning a little more fired up than usual and that made her curious once again.

"Did you get into the team?" She asked.

"Nope!" He replied and she got even more curious at his unexpected great mood. "The captain wants me to pair up with this dude from a different class in a match before allowing us to join the club."

"A dude from a different class?" She quoted.

"His name is Kageyama Tobio." He started telling her about his previous match and how they met. He also told her about how he was determined to defeat the so-called 'King of the Court'.

"I see..." She nodded, taking in his words. "Good luck!" She cheered him on.

"Thanks!" He smiled at her.

"Who are you up against, anyway?"

"Well, the captain said it will be against himself with two other first years as well. But I haven't got a clue to who they are." Hinata thought to himself. "We have Tanaka-san on our side and he's really nice!"

The following day, Hinata told her about the two other first years they were going against. "He's really tall for a first year and is so mean! And he has this side-kick dude." Hinata complained. "But I'm not going to lose to them!"

She watched as Kageyama pushed the doors to their class during breaks, calling Hinata for practice. She decided to help them with their practice, by receiving and sending the ball to Kageyama. Eventually, they won the 3-on-3 match. [Name] felt somewhat proud of her friends after seeing their determination and efforts.

She was glad that the boys were able to join the team, even with some obstacles before them. Now they were able to practice volleyball with their team, the school team and she couldn't help but to feel happy for her friends.

"[Name]-chan?" Her classmate snapped her back into reality.

"Ah, gomen, gomen." She apologized.

"You'll be late for clubs." Her classmate reminded her.

"Yikes!" [Name] looked down at her watch and realized the time. She quickly gathered her things and changed into her shorts and t-shirt.

Unlike Hinata, [Name] had a smooth procedure entering the females' volleyball club. She was accepted immediately and begun her training with her teammates, though she was hoping for it to be a little more intense. The female team's practice took place in a separate hall from the male team.

"Gather up, guys!" The club advisor called for all of the club members to huddle around her. [Name] jogged to the teacher along with her peers. "Yui-chan, if you may."

Michimiya Yui, or better known as the captain of the females' volleyball team, nodded at the advisor and cleared her throat, ready to make a speech. "I talked to the boys' team's captain and we have both decided to have a mixed practice for a day." She announced. "I want you girls to see how the boys train and maybe we could learn a little from them."

Many of the girls cheered and sang in joy when they heard the announcement. [Name] was feeling pretty neutral about it. The boys' team huh... She thought to herself, looking up at the ceiling of the hall they were using. I wonder what kind of people they have in their team...

"Back to your trainings! We'll do receiving today!"

"Hai!" [Name] exclaimed along with all her teammates.