Twenty-One | 二十一

Twenty-One

Rolling up the sleeves to his cream colored sweat shirt, Kageyama glanced over at the noisy ginger. "Oi, Hinata. Hurry up and change already or I won't even toss at you today!" He scolded with his hands on his waist.

"Fine! Fine!" Hinata glared at him for a moment before stripping off of his school uniform and changing into his sports attire. Once he was done, he was bouncing on his feet, excited for the practice as usual.

The freak toss-and-spike duo made their way to the gym, side by side when they come face to face with the other two first years. A smirk made its way to Tsukishima's face immediately when he realized who was standing before him. "Oh, the King and midget knight taking a stroll together? Don't tell me you're going out with each other?"

"Midget knight?!" Hinata jumped, feeling as though smoke was coming out of his ears.

"HAH?!" Kageyama exclaimed animatedly, anger veins popping up everywhere. "What shit are you spouting now?!"

Yamaguchi covered his mouth as he tried to hold in his laughter. Tsukishima's grin just grew wider. "Oh excuse us! Will you ever allow us to go through the both of you in the middle of your romantic stroll?" He said, in a slightly dramatic voice.

"Asshole." Kageyama muttered as he stormed away from the scene, ears with a hint of red. Hinata tried his best to give Tsukishima the most intimidating look he could manage before jogging after the official setter.

Feeling victorious, Tsukishima shoved his hands into his pockets and entered the changing room for the boys' volleyball team, with Yamaguchi closely behind him.

"Why is he in such a good mood?..." Kageyama muttered under his breath, shaking it off his mind as soon as he finished his sentence.

-

Daichii exhaled as he made his way towards Kiyoko, who was mesmerized in her clipboard. Peeling his shirts away from himself, he fanned himself as sweat was slowly forming on his skin. It was barely 10 minutes since they started and yet he was already sweating. "She's kinda late..." Daichii muttered, Kiyoko nodded.

"She said she needed to do something first." Kiyoko explained, pulling the clipboard into her chest. "How surprised do you think they're going to be?"

"Very, I guess..." Daichii scratched the top of his head, feeling the sweat on his scalp. "I was very surprised as well so, I guess they would probably feel the same."

"Do you think they'll take it well?" Kiyoko asked as she watched the Tanaka trying to show off his spike by yelling out catchy phrases. As soon as he turned to her, hoping to see that she found it cool, she turned away, avoiding his gaze. Tanaka hugged himself, the thought of her cold treatment gave him the chills and he loved it.

Kiyoko blinked when she noticed someone inching closer towards the entrance of the gym. Her mouth parted into a small 'O' shape when she realized who it was. "She's here, Daichii." She motioned her head towards the entrance.

Daichii turned his attention from the practice to the corridor where a figure stood. The corners of his lips curled into a smile as he asked Kiyoko to gather the team. Kiyoko nodded and blew the whistle, grabbing the attention of all the boys.

Daichii on the other hand, continued to make his way to the door. "You're here." He said, offering the girl the kindest smile he could give. He looked back and noticed that Coach Ukai and Takeda were behind her as well. "Coach and sensei, too."

Both the adults nodded at him and they turned their attention to the girl. "Are you ready?" Coach Ukai asked. His arms were folded before him as usual. She took a deep breath before exhaling, soothing her hand down her stomach, before nodding.