Forty-Three | 四十三

Forty Three

Tsukishima couldn't quite concentrate for the rest of his classes. His heated fight with [Name] constantly replayed in his mind, distracting him from paying attention to his teachers. He felt guilty for losing his cool and was reminded that he was actually a real human being with feelings too. He hated the uncomfortable feeling within and decided the only way to get rid of it was to talk to [Name] about their fight later during their volleyball practice.

He frowned, gripping onto his mechanical pencil tightly as he stared at the questions on his workbook intensely. Just what had happened to her in the past two weeks?... Without realizing that classes were finally over, he flinched when Yamaguchi put a hand on his shoulder.

"G-Gomen, Tsukki..." Yamaguchi apologized immediately, pulling his hand back. Tsukishima released the breath he never realized he was holding, shoulder's slumping down from his defensive, alerted stance.

"It's fine..." The tall blonde grumbled, dropping his pencil down to his book.

"Class's over," Yamaguchi said cautiously, observing Tsukishima in a safe distance just in case he did or say something he shouldn't have. "Are you okay, Tsukki?"

"I'm fine." Tsukishima said. "We have practice now, don't we? Let's go." He packed in things quickly, shoving it into his beg. Yamaguchi noticed that he was rushing, which was something rare, especially when it's for volleyball practice.

"R-Right," He agreed as they both rushed out of the classroom, heading to the lockers for the volleyball team. Tsukishima wasn't paying attention to where he was walking and accidentally bumped into a someone, nearly knocking them off their feet. He stumbled backwards with Yamaguchi behind, ready to catch him if he falls.

"Sumimasen," Tsukishima apologized. He looked up to find Yuki who managed to find her footing.

"Sumimasen," She apologized as well, nodding lightly as a form of apology. She gasped quietly when she realized that it was Tsukishima that she had bumped into. Her expression changed quickly to a slightly horrified one, her brows furrowed. "T-Tsukishima-san..." Her voice came out heavy as if she had been trying to avoid encountering the tall blonde.

Yamaguchi rushed up to her in concern after seeing her expression. "A-Amane-san! Are you alright?" He reached out his hands, just in case she was going to fall.

"I-I'm fine." Yuki nodded shakily, averting her gaze away from the tall blonde. "I'm sorry, I have to go." She kept her head low as she excused herself from the boys, squeezing between them both leave them both. She didn't manage to get far when Tsukishima stopped her, calling out to her.

"Amane-san," He called, turning around. Yuki froze but kept her back towards them, unable to find the courage to face them. Tsukishima noted Yuki's reaction, clenching his fists. "[Name] told you something, didn't she?"

She squeezed her eyes shut, biting onto her lower lip. She hated to do this. "S-Sorry... I don't know what you're talking about..." She said, her voice obviously suggesting that she was lying.

"You know what's going on with her, don't you?" Tsukishima insisted.

"I'm sorry, Tsukishima-san." She turned to face them. They could easily make out the guilt in her eyes as she spoke. "I'm really sorry, but I can't tell you."

"What do you mean, Amane-san?" Yamaguchi asked, his brows furrowed in concern.

"This isn't something you should hear from me." Yuki shook her head. "It wouldn't be fair for both you and [Name]-chan."