Thirty-Nine | 三十九

Thirty Nine

Sugawara pushed his hair back, sighing at the intense heat. He had pulled off his blue shrimp shirt, exposing his sweaty skin to the salty humid air, leaving only his swimming trunks on. But it didn't quite help him cool off. He fanned himself with his hand, wiping the sweat that dripped down his chin. "Man, the heat is intense..."

"Summer is supposed to be ending..." Asahi panted, his man bun in a mess. It was times like these he wished he had Tanaka's hair style, simple and cooling. Being a little shier compared to his friends and teammates, he wore a loose singlet over some floral trunks.

"You look like a drunk hobo, Asahi." Daichii commented mercilessly, shooting down the spirits of the gentle giant. Despite the heat, the captain still looked in top shape in his deep navy shorts.

"But it's too hot..." Asahi complained.

"It's hot indeed." Erika agreed out of no where. The trio sweat dropped at her sudden appearance.

"Erika-chan?..."

"So hot I think I'm going to have a nose bleed." Erika nodded.

"E-Eh? S-Should we bring you back in?" Asahi asked worriedly but the girl showed him her palm, gesturing that there was no need for that. "B-But!"

"If I go inside, I'll miss this." She said in a serious voice. Her eyes were intense as she looked on before her, like a predator hunting down it its prey. The three third years followed her strong gaze anxiously, wondering what she meant.

They choked when they realized that Erika was watching her teammates play a quick 3-on-3 match in their swim wears. Her eyes followed each player carefully, closely examining their curves and swim wears. "Mmm," She hummed with a nod, like a master proud of their work. "Their swim wears fit them very well."

"Over here!" Misaki called as she bent her legs before pushing herself upwards. She arched her arm all the way back and grinned when the ball was tossed right before her. She slammed her palm down, putting an incredible force against the ball, sending it down to the other side of the net.

"Yui!" Miyuki exclaimed as the captain snapped back to reality, realizing that her arms weren't even in position yet. She gasped at Miyuki dived right before her feet, pushing the ball back up just moment before it was about to hit the sand.

Unfortunately, despite her desperate save, the ball bounced against the net, giving a point to their opposing team. Misaki cheered, pulling Yuno with her as they jumped in joy. Miyuki pushed herself up, the entire of her front was over in sand.

"S-Sorry!" Yui apologized, helping the vice-captain up.

"Stop looking at Sawamura," Miyuki said, giving her a look. Yui's face exploded in a brilliant shade of red. She pushed Miyuki back down, her entire body stiff.

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT MIYUKI?!" Yui robotically said, watching Daichii careful, making sure that he hadn't heard what Miyuki had said. "HAHAHA YOU'RE HILARIOUS!"

"You're way too obvious, Yui-san..." Iwari sweat dropped.

"YOSSHIA!!" Tanaka's loud cheer interrupted them, causing them to turn their heads. The second year removed his button up shirt, swirling it in the air while Hinata cursed.

"Kuso!" The decoy balled his fists up in frustration. "My feet got caught in the sand!" Kageyama was expected to say something about it but nothing came, which made everyone worried. "K-Kageyama?" Hinata asked cautiously, putting a hand on the setter's shoulder.