Eighteen | 十八

Eighteen

Tsukishima couldn't react fast enough to catch the [Hair Color] before she fell to the floor. His heart raced and his mind turned blank, completely clueless about what to do.

"[NAME]!" The girls exclaimed.

"YOU BASTARD!!"

He felt a strong sensation spread across his cheek, throwing his glasses off his face with the force. A slight metallic taste spread from the inside of his cheek. His glasses landed on its edge, resulting in a crack on his lens, and slid across the floor, far away from him. He stumbled backwards with his eyes closed due to the pain. "TSUKI!" Yamaguchi rushed to the tall blonde's aid, holding his to prevent him from falling.

"OIKAWA! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?" Iwaizumi hooked his arms under Oikawa's armpits, holding the enraged captain back. Oikawa struggled from Iwaizumi's grips, attempting to rush back up to Tsukishima.

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO HER?!"

"STOP IT! OIKAWA! OI!" But the brunette was could not hear a single world from his vice-captain.

"WHAT DID YOU DO, YOU BASTARD?!?!!"

"I SAID STOP IT!" Iwaizumi exclaimed as he fiercely thrust his tightly clenched fist at Oikawa's face. Oikawa fell on his bottom, holding his nose, which had blood trickling down.

"Tsukishima, are you alright?" Daichii asked worriedly, putting a hand on the Middle Blocker's shoulder. Tsukishima didn't bother to answer him as he watched the unconscious [Hair Color] sprawled across the floor, with Hitomi and Takeda by her side. Hitomi called her name, tapping her pale face as Takeda shook her shoulders. [Name] didn't seem to respond to anything.

Yuki was in tears while her other teammates watched in horror, unable to do anything. Oikawa squeezed his way to [Name]'s side, not giving his bloody nose a single thought. He frantically called her name, shaking her arms with his shaky ones.

"Please don't scare me, [Name]. [Name], [Name]! Wake up!" He said in a terrified voice. Iwaizumi had never seen the flirt like this before. He tried to pull him back but Oikawa screamed at him not to be touched.

"Call an ambulance! Now!" Hitomi ordered, whipping her head back to [Name] immediately after giving the orders. Yui and Sugawara nodded shakily as they rushed to Aoba Jousei's coach, asking for an ambulance.

"[Name]! [Name]! [Name]!"

Tsukishima's heart raced and he briefly forgot how to breathe as he stared at [Name] who continued to remain unconscious on the floor. His hands shook by his sides and he couldn't blink his eyes.

"[Name]! [Name]! [Name]!"

"[Name]..."

--

The sound of the sirens was still ringing in Tsukishima's ear. His hand subconsciously moved to his cheek which was pink and slightly swollen. He winced as pain spread through his cheeks again. Oikawa can really punch well. Tsukishima glanced up and found the brunette setter with a slightly swollen nose. His bleeding had stop but Oikawa didn't seem to care of it really did.

He leaned against the wall, staring at the emergency double doors at the end of the hallway. Iwaizumi leaned against the white wall right next to him, his arms folded tightly on his chest. Sitting on the plastic bench on Oikawa's other side were [Name]'s parents as well as Oikawa's mother, Kairi. [Name]'s mother buried her face in her hands, sobbing while Kairi put an arm around her, comforting her and trying to assure her that [Name] would be fine. Meanwhile, [Name]'s father rested his elbows on his knees, leaning forward with his fingers laced together.