Fifteen | 十五

Fifteen

The whistle sounded and as the ball dropped onto the floor. The score was 10 -13 and Aoba Jousei was leading. [Name] cursed under her breath. "Don't mind! Don't mind!" Yuki cheered from the bench.

"Don't worry guys! We'll catch up for sure! It's just the first set after all." Yui encouraged as they regrouped in a circle and got back into their positions after cheering one more time.

[Name] slapped her both her sweaty cheeks a few times before taking a deep breath. She bounced the ball against the floor a few times, before balancing it on her palm. She tossed the ball in the air and swung her arm at it, colliding her palm with the ball. A loud thud echoed as the ball zipped through the court, passing over the net.

Aoba Jousei received it well and the setter got the second touch, tossing the ball to their spiker for a quick. Iwari bent her knees and held her arms together, reaching down as she received the quick with her teeth clenched. "Alright, Kazume!" The boys cheered from the balcony.

"Cover!" She exclaimed as she fell on her bottom but quickly pushing herself up again. Yuno was already after the ball and raised her arm. She scanned her surroundings, watching and deciding who to toss to. She noticed Misaki and [Name] as well as Miyuki rushing to the net, their eyes completely drawn to the ball which was about to land on Yuno's hands.

Miyuki jumped into the air, raising her arm. Aoba Jousei's Middle Blockers jumped before her and quickly realized she was just a decoy. Despite their realization, it was too late as [Name] had already spiked the ball. Her eyes widened when she realized that Akari was before her, on the other side of the net with her arms over her head, and that the ball had bounced back to their side of the court.

Thankfully, Yui managed to slide onto the floor with her palm stretched out, bouncing the ball back up. But the ball was heading towards the outside of the court. [Name] gritted her teeth and dashed after the ball. She knew her arms weren't going to make it in time so she stretched her legs out, nearly doing a split. The ball bounced against her foot and she pushed her feet up, pushing the ball upwards and back into the court as well.

The crowd had their mouths in 'O' shapes as they witnessed [Name] extreme save. Karasuno Boys' leaned against the railing their eyes shining with sparkles in the air. Oikawa cheered and brightened up immediately while Iwaizumi widened his eyes, his arms loosened a little from their folded state. Even Tsukishima had his lips parted in surprise as his glasses slid down nose a little.

"Nice save, [Name]!" Miyuki exclaimed as she chased after the ball, returning it to Aoba Jousei as a chance ball. Aoba Jousei's setter raised her arms in the air, ready to toss the ball. She pushed it back into the air as soon as the ball made contact with her palms, and it was spiked over the net again immediately.

Yui rolled on the floor, saving the ball once again. Yuno smoothly received the ball before performing a quick with Misaki. Misaki's spike gave off a loud thud but the ball returned back into the air as Aoba Jousei's Libero managed to wedge her hand between the floor and the ball. Their setter tossed the ball to Akari, who had a grin on her face as she slapped onto the ball with so much force, her body almost bending into a complete 'C' shape.

[Name] bent her knees down and held her arms out together firmly, receiving the powerful attack that was especially meant for her. "Sato-san!" [Name] called for her teammate who was already in offence. She swung her arm as soon as the ball was before her but her attack was denied by the opposing Middle Blockers.

Thankfully, Iwari managed to dive into the floor with her arm stretched out, pushing the ball back up into the air but was heading outside the court. "Cover!" The ball quickly was covered by Miyuki who ended the relay with a surprise corner dunk that nearly touched the white lines on the floor, giving Aoba Jousei no time to react.