Fourteen | 十四

Fourteen

Karasuno Girls' got off the bus with the boys' team behind them. The entire boys team had decided to follow the girls team to Aoba Jousei to give their support. Thankfully, Takeda and Hitomi agreed to it as they believed that it would benefit both them all.

"Phew! I'm glad to get out of the bus. It's starting to get cramped up in there." A rather short male stretched. He had spiky black hair with a few strands of dyed blond in the center.

"That's because you were so noisy all the way in the bus, Nishinoya." Daichii sighed.

"It's okay Daichii-san, he's always like that in class too." Miyu said.

"Geez, don't say things like that about me, Miyu..." Nishinoya scratched the back of his neck. "Besides, I'm going to cheer out loud for you during your game! That's a good thing huh? Let's go Karasuno! Let's go Karasuno! Come on, Ryu! Hinata!"

"Let's go Karasuno!" Tanaka, Hinata and Erika joined in, throwing their fists in the air.

"You guys are being too noisy again!" Daichii scolded. Asahi patted his shoulder, trying to calm him down with a nervous chuckle.

"Well, it's not a bad thing... They have good spirits..." He reasoned but Daichii just shook his head.

"We'll get to meet Oikawa-sama again..." Miyuki and Iwari said dreamily, staring at the school building. Miyu quickly joined them as they had flowers blooming around them again with giggles in the atmosphere.

"They're at it again..." Misaki shivered.

"Man, I hope we can get it together by the game..." Yui sighed. Yuki patted the captain at her back with a nervous smile, trying to comfort her. She turned to her side to find [Name], holding onto her sling bag tightly, dragging her feet as her blank eyes stared straight ahead.

[Name] had been quieter than usual for the past days. Yuki heard about her little conflict with Tsukishima in the hallways just a few days ago. [Name] hadn't uttered a single word about it to anyone. She couldn't help but to worry for her but felt that it was better to not say anything about it unless [Name] decides to open up.

"[Name]-chan!" Yuki jogged to her side with her usual smile. [Name] blinked out of her little trance and turned to her friend. Her face was a little paler today and she seemed a little out of it. "It'll be okay." She put on her best smile, trying reassure her friend.

A small smile tugged at [Name]'s lips. "Yeah." She nodded.

--

"Nice to meet you!"

"Nice to meet you!" Both teams bowed before each other. [Name] looked up to find Aoba Jousei's Girls' smirking at her. She looked away, trying to ignore it. Focus on your game, that's what you came here for, she reminded herself.

"You must be the captain." A beautiful tall girl with long jet black locks walked towards Yui. As she did, she swayed her hips a little and raised her chest, trying to show off her assets. She put out an arm, waiting for a handshake. "I'm Mamiko Akari, Captain of Aoba Jousei's Girls' Volleyball Team."

"Michimiya Yui, I'm glad to be here." Yui nodded and took her arm.

"We look forward to a good game." Akari said as she moved her gaze to [Name], who looked away immediately from the piercing dark eyes. A smirk plastered itself on Akari's face at [Name] reaction. She then turned her attention to Hitomi. "Sensei, thank you for agreeing to the match." And the condition.

"I thank you too, for requesting a match against us." Hitomi said, monotonously, holding herself back.

"We'll see you later then." Akari nodded before turning back to her team. They had smug look on their faces as they passed by [Name]. [Name] avoided eye contact and rushed to the washroom. She locked herself in a cubical and rested her back against the door.