Nine | 九

Nine

"A practice match with Aoba Jousei?" [Name] blinked at her ginger friend as he took a big bite of the bun he got from the cafeteria. Somehow, that name sounded vaguely familiar but she couldn't quite put her finger where. He nodded as he chewed on his food, cheeks puffed up. He swallowed his food and his eyes lit up like a child's.

"Yeah! It's our first official match!" She could see sparkles surrounding him. "I'm really, really excited!" He said, clenching his fists by his sides, his eyes already lost in his day dream.

"Good luck!" [Name] smiled at him, sucking from the straw of her usual drink. Yamaguchi had bought it for her and gave it to her right as she was about to leave the class with Hinata.

"Of course! I'm going to give it my all, and become the Little Giant of Karasuno!" Hinata nodded enthusiastically, causing her to giggle at him.

--

"We're going to support the boys' team at their practice match." Yui said, spinning the yellow, blue and white ball in her hands. Yuki and Erika clapped their hands, cheering. "But of course, not all of us are going." They paused as blinked at the captain.

"We've decided that Yui, Yuno, Misaki, [Name] and myself, will be following the boys team and help them to record the game." Miyuki explained. She seemed to have a little more emotion to her than usual and it raised [Name]'s curiosity but she didn't say anything about it. "Hopefully, we get to see something amazing."

"Pfft," Yui laughed. "By amazing you mean the famous captain of Aoba Jousei right? Oika- "

"Aoba Jousei is a power house. I'm confident we will see something amazing." Miyuki cut her off, a hint of blush on her cheeks. "Now let's get to our practice."

"Osu!"

--

"Line up!" Daichii exclaimed, as the entire boys team lined up in a straight line. They bowed in synchronization before Takeda in his usual green tracksuit.

"Let's play!"

As they lined up to go up the school mini bus, Daichii and Sugawara walked up to the girls who were behind the boys. "Thank you for following us." Daichii thanked the five girls who were wearing their black school tracksuits. Yuno and [Name] bowed at him while the 3 third year girls just smiled at him.

"It's a pleasure to help out in whatever way we can." Miyuki nodded.

"Of course it is~" Misaki grinned. "I saw Iwari and Miyu reminding you to take pictures of him this morning." She nudged the calm navy haired vice-captain.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Miyuki said, walking towards the bus entrance and ignoring the brunette. "Let's not waste any more time. Let's go." With that, the remaining students climbed up the mini bus. [Name] took her seat next to Yuno.

[Name] noticed that Hinata was a little anxious today, jumping at his seniors' words. I wonder if he'll be alright... She thought glancing at her friend. She also noticed Yamaguchi who was seemed a little dispirited. She made a note to herself to talk to him later. As she scanned the entire minibus, she made eye contact with Tsukishima, causing them both to look away immediately. Ever since that day where he saved her, there just seems to be some sort of a friction between them. She wasn't sure how it ended up that way but it just did.

During the entire trip, there seemed to be something a little off about Miyuki. She stared outside the window with a soft smile on her face. Though she looked beautiful, [Name] was somehow a little crept out by it. She had never seen the vice-captain being so happy and excited, almost like a girl in love.