Twenty Six | 二十六

Twenty-Six

Karasuno was about to start their warm ups when loud cheers erupted from the spectators, attracting everyone's attention.

"Kya~! It's Aoba Jousei!"

"Oikawa-kun looks as good as always!"

"Please look here Oikawa-kun~!"

"I love you, Oikawa-san!" "

That flippy-haired asshole prince charming douche!" Tanaka growled, pushing up his sleeves while Narita and Ennoshita held him back.

"Hmm, I don't get what's so charming about him, though." Nishinoya's cat like eyes watched as Oikawa waved at his fangirls, walking behind his team with the vice-captain closely by his side. "Sure he can play volleyball well and all but that's about it, right?" He then turned to [Name]. "Isn't it?"

All Karasuno members turned their attention to her, waiting for her to say something in his defense but she could only move her lips, trying to find the words. "I think... It is?..."

In a distance, Oikawa sneezed, causing Iwaizumi to glare at him for being disgusting. "Oikawa-kun, take care of your health!" He sniffled and smiled at them, saying his thanks, only to make them go crazier.

In the corner of his eyes, he spotted [Name] and waved at her, blowing imaginary kisses towards her. She sweat dropped as Iwaizumi slapped his palm mercilessly to the captain's face, telling him off in a deadpan voice. Next to her, Tanaka and Nishinoya flashed their fangs at Oikawa, growling while Narita and Kinoshita held them back. Hinata waved his fists in the air, trying to be as threatening as the two 2nd years but only received a punch to his head by Kageyama.

Tsukishima felt a few ticks on his face. "Gross..." He mumbled in a low voice, pushing up his glasses. Yamaguchi nodded in agreement next to him as he nearly gagged as well.

But something about the way Tsukishima looked at Oikawa and [Name]'s relationship got the freckled male thinking. His eyes lingered on the tall Middle Blocker, as if his questions will be answer just by staring hard.

The latter noticed his eyes on him and frowned deeper. "What are you doing? Cut it out, it's creepy." His words shook Yamaguchi back to reality, blinking and finally looking away.

"Ah. Tsuki, gomen."

"And stop with that name already..."

"Right, Tsuki."

"... Never mind..."

--

"Tsukishima, nice serve!"

The serve was received smoothly by Kunimi, sending the ball back into the air. "Nice receive!" Iwaizumi complimented as he and Matsukawa dashed to the front, heading towards the net. Close to the net, Oikawa was ready to jump, knees bent as his eyes tracked down the ball, which spun towards him.

Before they even had time to think who the setter was going to toss the ball to, Oikawa was already in the air and slammed his hand on the ball, sending it straight down to the floor on the other side of the net. None of the Karasuno members had moved an inch, resulting Aoba Jousei to have the first point.

Oikawa wore a prideful smirk on his face as he enjoyed his opponents' shocked faces. "Come on. I'll be doing the same thing again." He provoked with his body half turned. "Don't stand there so out of it. Pay attention."

Tooru-nii is seriously good...It's almost terrifying... [Name] thought, tightening her jaw. It's not that I don't believe in our team or anything like that but... Can we really do this? Can we really win against Tooru-nii and his team?