Thirty-Five | 三十五

Thirty Five

[Comments found offensive will not be tolerated and will be deleted immediately.]

Tsukishima felt his right eye twitch as the frown on his lips deepened. Not only was he forced to join the afterschool meeting because he was one of the leaders of the play, but he had to face quite a handful of noisemakers, all jam packed in one single classroom. They're getting overly excited for something so ridiculous... He thought to himself.

He returned to reality when someone bumped into him while entering the class. He moved to the side, allowing more space for the new comers to enter. "Oh, I'm sorry..." An unfamiliar voice apologized.

He looked down to find a girl with thick auburn hair (not as thick as her make up though), blinking up to him. She brushed his blazer where she had bumped into and tilted her head in a certain angle. Did she get her make-up on me? He internally groaned, looking down at his blazer where she rested her hand. "It's fine." He said with hints of irritation in his voice, moving away from her, walking towards the other side of the class.

However, the agitation in his voice didn't seem to reach Reiko, who smirked to herself, feeling as though she was victorious. She started to omit a dangerously creepy aura as she let out a low laugh. [Name] sweat dropped behind her.

The made their way into the class, Reiko joined Yuki who was already in the crowd while [Name] joined the leader's at the front of the classroom. "It's about time." Tsukishima commented as she approached him.

"Shut up. I had something to do." She dismissed him, not meeting his gaze, eyes lost in the crowd instead. The Middle Blocker glanced at her, a little confused as to why she refused to look into his eyes. After all, she always made sure to look into his eyes when he returned his insults or teases. He shrugged it off, turning back to crowd as they waited for the rest of the committee to gather up.

[Name] couldn't help but to be lost in her thoughts. The words from her conversation with Reiko just earlier that day lingered in her mind.

"I'll see you later then, [Name]-chan." Yuki waved at her friend, pulling the sling of her bag over her shoulder. "Bye, Reiko-chan!"

"Where are you going?" Reiko asked, lifting her chin from her palm. "Class is just over and I was thinking you could show me around town too..."

"Ah... Gomen, Reiko-chan..." Yuki apologized. "But I have to attend the meeting for the play and head to volleyball practice after that."

"The play?" Reiko raised her brow. She gasped when she remembered Yuki explaining who Tsukishima was in the morning when she first laid her eyes on him. "Wait! Tsukki-chan is also a part of the committee right?" She turned to [Name] enthusiastically.

"Y-Yes..." [Name] answered, feeling slightly perplexed. Her face contorted at the weird nickname.

"Nee, [Name]! You're a part of the committee too, right? Is it possible for me to join in?"

"Sure, we need all the help we can get." [Name] nodded.

"Fantastic!" Reiko clapped her hands and lifted one of her legs up in excitement. "I can definitely get to spend more time with Tsukki-chan! I'm thrilled just at the thought of spending some alone time with him backstage!"

[Name]'s lips parted. Her cheeks flared up as she stared at Reiko, speechless. Reiko noticed the expression on her face and blinked at her in slight concern. "What's wrong, [Name]?" She asked. "Don't tell me you actually have feelings for Tsukki-chan as well?"