20

It's Sunday morning

3:30 AM
Nai's pov

Everyone is sleeping. Except me of course.

I just can't sleep. I'm scared to go to the doctors appointment, the. Right after telling Vinnies parents, then again coming home and telling my parents, being scared what people from school are going to say and lastly, J. I understand he's jealous because he things vinnies going to pay less attention to him after me and the baby and he's taking it out on me. Which I don't blame him but I just wish he could just talk about his problems he had with me. But it's whatever.

I let out a sigh as I get up.

I head to the bathroom and use it. I wash my hands after then go downstairs. I grab a water bottle and sit on the table just thinking.

I the heard foot steps. I turn around and it's J.
J: oh my bad.
He says stepping back.
Nai: don't worry I'm leaving.
She says grabbing her bottle.

She walks past J.
J: I'm sorry.
Nai steps back into the kitchen.
Nai; what?
J: I'm sorry for being a dick.
Nai: yea.
She says sitting back down on the chair.
J: I just don't want Vinnie to forget about me. Like yea I have dezi but he's my brother. It's different to me.
Nai: yea I understand and I'm sorry that u felt like I was taking him away from you.
J: don't worry about it you weren't. You were even willing to stay home instead of staying here for break.
Nai: I mean yea I know how important you are to Vinnie.
J: really?
Nai: yup he always talked about you. About how smart you could be and how dumb you could also be.
He laughs so does Nai.
J: wow now I feel like a total jerk.
Nai stays silent.
J: I'm sorry for that inappropriate joke and that thing I did when I walked into the studio.
Nai laughs a little.
Nai: it's ok. You just kinda scared me.
J: oh and also sorry for the threatening you for the plane ticket. I'm not going no more. I've realized that this doesn't have anything to do with me.
Nai: of course it does. You're going to be an uncle. We're going to become family. We kinda stuck with each other for the rest of our lives don't you think?
J: you right.
He laughs.
Nai; so you coming. I'll pay.
J: yea thanks.
He smiles.
J: I like you.
Nai looks at him confused
J: Ohhh not in that way.
He laughs
Nai: oh ok I was a little confused.
J: I mean out of the girls vinnies dated or messed around with, you're my favorite.
Nai: thanks. So there's been a lot?
J: I mean it's not like it was hundreds but there was like 3-4 girls.
Nai: ohh ok so I'm the 5?
J: yup.
Nai: man whoreeee!
They laugh.
Nai: I'm just kidding.
J: are you really tho?
Nai: not really.
They laugh.

J gets whatever the came for and sat on the chair across from Nai.
J: so I excited for this baby.
Nai: I mean I wouldn't say excited but I'm also not not excited if that makes sense.
J: no it does. And yea I bet. You guys are still young but you guys are smart... well for the most part.
Nai: yea... you excited to meet your first niece or nephew in 9 months?
J: yup. Hopefully it's a boy. Me and vin need more people to skate with.
Nai let's out a laugh.
Nai: first of all are you saying girls can't skate?
J: well no I just want a boy.
Nai: and second of all you really think I would let my kid go out alone with you dumb assess?
J: not that dumb but whatever you say.
They laugh.

Then they hear foot steps Js smile goes away.

Vinnie: uhh what are you guys doing down here late and alone?
J: I just apologized.
Vinnie: umm ok?
Nai: what's wrong? He's saying the truth.
Vinnie: but right now this late at night?
Nai: I couldn't sleep I came to get water he also came downstairs for something and we started talking.
Vinnie: I don't know something weird.
Nai: really? Dude I can't deal with this shit right now.
Vinnie: I just think it's weird cuz u guys hated each other yesterday.
Nai: yes and that's why he apologized.
Vinnie: ok whatever.
Nai; he's Coming to Seattle. On me.
Vinnie: ohh ok. Let's go to bed.
He grabs nai's wrist.
Nai: night J.
J; night guys.

J stays in the kitchen for a little longer knowing Nai and Vinnie are probably arguing right now.

Daily reminder:
You're worth it.
You're beautiful.
And you're loved.