50

Nai's pov:

Tonight is the first night me and Vinnie are going to take care of Aurora all by our self. His parents are still here but they shouldn't have to take care of her. Nai's mom was there though.

Vinnie: hey babe she needs a feeding. Do you feel good to breast feed or do you just want me to make her a bottle.
Nai: can you make a bottle. Just boil water a little bit then make the bottle with that water.
Vinnie: okay.
Nai's mom: you're giving the baby formula?
Nai: yea.
Nai's mom: why would you do that. It's always better to breast feed.
Nai: I do Breast feed but right now I just don't want to go through that struggle and it's not like she's crying. She's not even being fussy. She just needs her feeding it's been 3-4 hours since her last one.
Nai's mom: it doesn't matter.
Maria walks down stairs.

Maria: hi! I'm Maria vinnies mom.
Nai's mom: nice to meet you!
Maria: where's Vinnie?
Nai: he went to go boil water to make a bottle.
Maria: oh ok.
Nai's mom: I was telling Nailea that she should breast feed all the time.
Nai: mom.
Maria: Nai doesn't give the baby formula all the time. She only does it when she's extremely tired. And one of those times is right now.
Nai's mom: I don't know what I expected from you.
She snorts.
Maria: excuse me?
Nai's mom: yea. You let your teenage boy become a teen dad and made my daughter a teen mom.
Nai: mom. Don't start right now.
Maria: my son wasn't responsible and safe but it's not just him. Both of them know what they got themselves into and they chose to deal with it. So don't blame it on my son or anyone. It was just a mistake. And not even so much a mistake because a baby is never the problem.

Nai's mom: of course. Nailea I'm leaving I have work.
Nai: really? That's it? You just came to criticize how I take care of my baby. And argue with vinnies mom?
Nai's mom: if that's how you see it so be it.
Nai: whatever.

Nai's mom walks out the house.

Nai: I am so sorry about how she was acting.
Maria: it's not your fault.
Nai: I don't know why she's acting like that. Ever since I told her about the baby it's like she hates me. And I know she isn't going to be so ecstatic that I'm pregnant at 17 but she could've supported me a little.
Maria: I know. And that's why you have me and Nate.
Nai: thank you so much. You don't understand how much you guys mean to me.
Maria: we love you.
Nai: I love you guys too.

Maria smiles at Nai.

Vinnie: here's the bottle Nai. Where's your mom Nai?
Nai: she left.
Vinnie: so soon she wasn't even here for 30 minutes.
Nai: yup. She tried starting things with your mom but Maria quickly shut it down. She also tried judging me about giving Aurora formula. Like how come out of a sudden she cares like?
Vinnie: aww I'm sorry baby.
Nai: it's whatever. Maria you should get some sleep you've  been up all night with the baby for the last 3-4 nights.
Maria: ok. Are you guys sure?
Nai: yes we are sure. Plus we have to do it at some point.
Maria: ok then. If you guys need help don't worry and just wake me up.
Vinnie: thank mom but it probably won't happen.

Daily reminder:
You're worth it.
You're beautiful.
And you're loved.