t w o

Over the next couple of months, and even two years, Steve and Jamie spent every day together, be it walking to school or hanging out at one of their houses. It was amazing to find someone so similar, that shared your interests.

It was a common occurrence for the two to make a pillow fort in the living room. Because both of their dads had been in the military, sometimes they pretended to be fighting for America.

But this Saturday, however, after Jamie was done in her self defence classes, she and Steve got the ok to go to Rock bay beach.

They were each given enough money for the train ride there and back, plus some food.

As they sat on the sand, Steve took out his sketchbook and began drawing. "Whatcha drawing, Stevie?" Jamie asked curiously, looking over at the small boy, a hand blocking the sun.

"Just the water, it looks nice like this," Steve replied, looking between the ocean and his notepad. Jamie shrugged and laid back down on the towel.

She tanned until Steve tapped her on the shoulder. When Jamie opened her eyes the boy was packing up his sketch pad and she was looking a little red.

"Come on, Becky, let's go for a walk on the pier," Rogers suggested to which Jamie agreed.

They packed up their things and headed on down, looking around at all of the vendors. On their walk, they passed a hot dog stand.

"I'm kind of hungry..." Steve commented, his eyes stuck on the stand.

"Alright, fine. Let's go get a hotdog," Jamie caved, walking over and giving the man her money for a hot dog.

The two friends sat on a bench and ate their meal, people watching between each bite. It was a pretty damn good hot dog.

After the food, they resumed their walk when the two were approached. "Hey, Jamie! How ya been?" The boy asked. He was handsome, with red hair, a sharp jawline, brown eyes, and a fit physique.

"Hey, Danny! I'm good. Me and Steve were just out for a walk..." Jamie replied confidently. She knew the boy, Daniel. He was in one of her classes. She didn't much like him.

Now that Becky was starting to grow into her body, boys started approaching her. She didn't like it. And because of this, George made her enrol in self-defence and took her shooting.

"Oh, yeah. Uh, hey Steve. Nice to see you too... anyway. Hey, how about I win you a bear? Just to show my appreciation," the boy offered, completely mugging off Steve.

Jamie was going to respond and defend her friend but a better idea popped into her head. "Sure! I think there's a game right down there!" Becky exclaimed, happily following arrogant Daniel down the pier.

See, Beck knew that Danny was a terrible shot. He'd tried out for their school basketball team and was utter garbage. At least letting him try and win her something would embarrass him and maybe she'd still get a bear.

Steve looked at his friend with an eyebrow cocked. He knew she hated him and was confused as to why she said yes. Jamie simply winked and followed Danny toward one of the games with a bear for a prize.

It was a darts game, you had to pop a certain amount of balloons with a dart to win the prize. Steve and Jamie stood back and watched and Daniel gave it a go.