t w e l v e

(Trigger warning for implied SA)

Becky was cold. That's all she could feel. A mind-numbing cold that took over her entire body. She couldn't open her eyes. She could only hear the ragged sound of her breath.

Then it was gone.

Beck felt herself moving. With all of her strength, she forced her eyes open a crack. There was a soldier in front of her. But he was not American... no.

Is that... a Russian?

He had a furry hat on with a red logo, a beige coat. A Soviet soldier. Becky saw red from the corner of her eye and she looked.

Her arm was bleeding profusely, the lower half completely gone. From her elbow down her arm was missing. The sight nauseated Becky to the point her eyes rolled into the back of her head. She was out again.

The next time Beck was semi-conscious, she wasn't cold anymore. But her entire body ached. There was a throbbing pain coming from her left side. Her head hurt, her legs hurt. It hurt to be conscious.

Becky smelled pure iron. Blood. She was still being moved by someone, conversations were being had but she was so delirious she couldn't decipher the words.

Everything happening overwhelmed Beck and soon it was too much. Her body forced her back into the darkness.

***

"Who is this?"

"We found her in the valley, where Zola said she would be. He said we needed to move her into the Hydra base, the paperwork goes through the KGB. He wants her alive."

"Very well. Patch her up and send her to the Siberian base. No one will find her there."

***

When Becky finally woke, her senses were all overwhelmed. Her body was still in pain but her arm was no longer a sharp pain. It turned into a throb.

She's not cold, not shaky. Beck smelled must, she's somewhere damp. Her eyes opened but she had to bring a hand up to shield them. It was bright in the room.

Becky gave her eyes a moment to adjust before bringing her hand away and sitting up. She surveyed the... cell.

The walls of her cell were concrete, the floor was chipped. Bloodstains could be seen in multiple different places. There was a toilet in the corner of the cell, a single light on the ceiling. In front of Beck were thick bars that she wouldn't be able to slip past. A door was clearly outlined.

Beck knew she wasn't in America. She thought back to what happened, it was still foggy. But she remembered her arm. Looking to her left, Becky gasped loudly, her mouth falling open.

She was missing half of her left arm. A white bandage sat around the remaining stump, just above the elbow.

Becky pulled up the sleeve of her shirt with her mouth, her blue jacket had been taken and so had her weapons. There were clear bruises where needles had been placed. Whoever found her saved her. She had been purposefully kept alive.

Then it came back. The fall.

"Becky, Grab my hand!" Steve yelled to her, holding out a gloved hand.