t w e n t y - s e v e n

Becky and Sam quickly navigated their way out of the terminal and met up with the rest of their team on the tarmac.

Steve, Scott, Wanda, and Clint were all already running toward the quinjet after momentarily incapacitating the others they'd faced. Becky and Sam were the last to join them, running out of the terminal.

"Come on!" Steve encouraged, waving them on. He knew they needed to stay together as a team if they had any hope of making it to the jet.

The run felt like a jog to Becky. As soon as she and Sam joined the others, she slowed her pace just a little bit so everyone else could keep up. If she and Steve were to run as fast as they could, they'd leave the others in the dust.

No sooner had they joined together as a team, something stopped them.

A large yellow... laser beam came from the sky. Everyone behind Steve skidded to a stop, not eager to find out if it was lethal.

The trail it left behind on the tarmac was good enough evidence for Becky. She didn't feel like becoming toast before they stopped the doctor. After that... she'd see.

Everyone looked up to see what the cause of the sudden interruption was and Becky was quite surprised to find another avenger there. She'd never met that one and hadn't heard much about him. It was Vision, the android.

Times had most definitely changed since Becky was last lucid. Even though she knew about most of the advanced technology, there were still things that surprised her, being from the 40s and all. A talking, walking, fighting Android was one of them.

"Captain Rogers..." the Android began, floating effortlessly above the fugitives. "I know you believe what you're doing is right. But for the collective good... you must surrender now."

Across from the fugitives, the rest of the opposition took shape. Tony, the spider kid, T'Challa, Natasha, and War Machine gathered together to face off against Steve and his crew.

"What do we do, Cap?" Sam asked the question everyone else had in their minds. There were really only two options. Surrender, or...

"We fight."

Like Becky predicted, it would always end in a fight. And she was so tired of fighting. But they needed to stop that doctor before he wreaked havoc on whatever empire he wanted to see fall.

Steve began walking toward their six foes, his features set and determination in his eyes. Some of those individuals had once been his friends, and maybe they still were. But they didn't understand what he was up against and he wouldn't let them stand in his way.

The rest of the people Steve called to help followed him. They agreed to help fight a group of five winter soldiers, they'd be damned if they wouldn't help fight the avengers.

As Becky and the others began walking first and then breaking into a jog a moment later, she closed her eyes for the briefest of seconds. She collected herself, she could hear her six opponents approaching and knew many of them were very good fighters.

She took the time to ground herself. Becky assured herself that she wasn't going to kill anyone and that this fight was truly for the greater good.

It wasn't like Pierce used to say. That her kills were also for the greater good of humanity. He'd managed to convince Becky that her murders were helping shape a better world.