n i n e

Azzano was already a difficult battle.

The 107th was fighting hard against the Germans. There were a lot of them and only 200 soldiers on Beck's side. But at least they had a chance.

That was when another force arrived. Hydra.

Hydra soldiers had been dispatched to Azzano. At first, Becky thought they were there to aid the Germans.

But they weren't.

The Hydra tanks fired on the Americans and the Germans alike. They had completely abandoned the Nazi cause.

It was a massacre. The Hydra weapons were something Beck had never seen before. They shot out some sort of blue energy that vaporized any soldier it hit.

There weren't any wounded for Becky to aid because they were just gone. Hydra was dangerous. Very dangerous.

Lieutenant Beak ordered his soldiers to retreat quickly. But it was already too late.

So many of them were dead and the ones on the front lines had no choice but to surrender. These guns were nothing to mess with.

Beck tried to retreat. She abandoned her gun and made a move to run back. But she had been caught in her sniper's nest.

"Not so fast, soldier. Arms up, drop any weapons you have," a Hydra soldier commanded in a German accent, a gun to the back of Beck's head.

She sighed and took out her knife from her pocket, dropping her medical pouch and helmet on the ground. When she turned to face the soldier, he was surprised.

"Oh Liebling, the Americans have resorted to using women for war? What a shame," the man stated condescendingly as he pulled beck forward.

He walked her down to where the others from her regiment were standing, held at gunpoint. Beck joined them, hiding her nerves as she stood beside one of her comrades.

"Why didn't you run?" He asked her while the Germans were counting and getting vehicles ready to take them prisoner.

"I tried, dipshit. Had a gun to my head before I made it five feet. Didn't feel like getting pulverized today," Beck replied in a snarky tone. The man she spoke to went by Dum Dum and had a handlebar moustache.

A Hydra soldier poked her in the back with a weapon, signalling her to be quiet. Beck was forced forward slightly but remained standing.

"Watch it, asshole," Dum Dum defended, turning to look at the soldier who poked Beck. For his comment, he received a punch to the gut. Dugan doubled over and fell to his knees before Becky took him by the arm and forced him to stand up.

The truth was, many of the men in the Regiment actually took well to Beck, she had proven herself. They were even protective of her.

The troops waited with guns to their back for another hour before Hydra trucks arrived on the battlefield.

Hydra sent the allies into the trucks and filled them up, zip-tying each soldier's hands as they got in.

Beck didn't know where they were going but she knew it must have been somewhere in Austria. But seeing the damage their weapons could do, she was afraid of what awaited them.