e i g h t

Beck was immediately and quickly suited in different gear. She was given a helmet, combat boots, and a medical bag. It contained the basics she would need for treating the wounded soldiers.

Becky wasn't given a gun, to her dismay, but she didn't say anything. She didn't want to give up this chance of saving lives on the field.

Once she had all of the correct gear on she was loaded into another medical jeep and quickly driven out to the battle.

When the Jeep got to where the fight was happening, Beck was overwhelmed.

There was fire everywhere, bullets streaking through the air. The sound of gunfire filled her ears and smoke was all Becky could smell. She looked around for a second, before seeing the other medical vans on the other side of the field.

"Dammit! That group of Krauts is in our way. We gotta clear them to get to the rest of the wounded!" The soldier that drove Beck said, grabbing his gun and beginning to fire.

Becky went to grab a gun from the vehicle but the soldier stopped her. "What are you doing, sweetheart? You just wait there!" He yelled to her, turning back around.

Yeah, right.

Beck ignored the man and grabbed a sniper rifle that was inside the Jeep. She laid down on the ground and figured out the calibrations.

She had a German soldier in her sight, hiding in a trench. Beck took a deep breath in, aimed, and fired.

Hit.

The German fell backwards and a medic rushed towards him. Beck could have shot the medic but she didn't. You didn't shoot a medic.

Instead, Becky aimed for another target, a second German soldier. Her first shot scraped him and her second shot hit him dead on.

Beck took out seven German soldiers in that group. The rest, once realizing their group had shrunk, backed off. This gave Becky an opening to the injured.

"Damn, darling. That was all you with the sniper?" Her driver asked, looking at her with awe.

"As I said, I know how to shoot," Beck replied, taking the gun with her as she crouched low, running across the field.

She jumped behind one of the sandbags the guys were using for cover. "Hey, soldiers. I'm your new combat medic, who needs help first?" Beck questioned.

"There's a guy by the Jeep with one of his legs blown off," one of the soldiers in front of her said, firing his gun once more. Beck nodded and ran over to the Jeep, seeing the guy on the ground immediately.

"You're gonna be just fine, soldier. Just relax," Beck stated, pulling out her tourniquet and putting it right above the open leg wound. She then pulled out her gauze and placed it on the end of his leg.

Becky saw another injured soldier but he was sitting up. His wound had already been dealt with and he was waiting for medivac.

"You! Can you hold this gauze on here?" She asked the man quickly. He nodded and limped over, holding the gauze.

Beck then took out one of her morphine containers and gave the man a shot. He grunted and groaned but didn't scream. "Ok. Take extra gauze and keep holding that wound, tight," Beck commanded, moving on to the other soldiers.