t w e n t y - o n e

The Winter Soldier arrived at the airstrip when all three helicarrier's were in the sky. All of the pilots on the strip were hostile agents against Hydra. She knew what to do.

As one plane flew into the sky, a group of pilots were raised up on the platform. Winter used her grenade launcher and fired a round into the flying plane, sending a flaming ball of metal to the ground.

She fired two more rounds into groups of pilots and other hostile shield personnel, making sure none of them could assist Captain America.

The soldier continued forward, causing chaos on the airstrip. One of the shield agents tried to throw a grenade at her. With determination in his eyes, he pulled the pin.

Winter was quicker. She dropped the grenade launcher and pulled out her automatic, firing into his chest.

He dropped to the ground but that meant that the grenade was live. The asset ran forward and picked up the grenade. She spotted a plane that's ramp was closing and tossed it inside. Just as the ramp closed, the front end of the plane exploded.

Two more pilots approached Winter, one had his gun raised. She brought her metal arm up to shield herself from the bullets and punched the man so hard he was immediately unconscious.

The second one had a pistol and before he fired any shots, the soldier kicked him as hard as she could. He was sent flying into the blades of another plane, keeping that one on the ground.

Past the exploding plane, Winter saw a pilot strapping in and she took off, trying to catch it before the pilot began flying.

She leapt onto the top of the plane and pulled out her pistol. The pilot looked up as Winter shot him twice in the head. She nonchalantly dropped the gun and dropped down onto the other side of the cabin.

Winter pulled one of the glass panels out and stepped into the plane. She used it to get up to the last untampered helicarrier. This was their last shot to keep project insight online.

The soldier flew the plane up to Insight Helicarrier 3 and landed it. She saw Rogers and Wilson on the way up and hid behind a stack of crates.

They landed very close to the edge of the helicarrier which was perfect for Winter. She waited for them to approach.

"Man, you're a lot heavier than you look," Wilson commented, breathing heavily.

"Well, I had a big breakfast," Rogers responded sarcastically. That was when Winter struck.

She charged out from behind the crates and thrusted her arms into Rogers. The force of the shove sent the man through the railing and off the side of the helicarrier.

"Steve!" Wilson exclaimed as he activated his wings to fly after Rogers. As he flew down, Winter took hold of one wing with her metal arm and pulled him away from the ledge, throwing him backward.

He tumbled in the sky before pulling out two pistols and firing at the assassin. She dodged his bullets and flipped behind one of the guns aboard the helicarrier.

She heard Wilson activate his thrusters in an attempt to catch Steve and she pulled out her grapple. Aiming carefully, Winter fired and successfully landed the hook on one of his wings.