e i g h t e e n

On one mission, everything changed.

Winter was prepped the same way as always, defrosted and dragged to the chair. Her arms trembled as Pierce spoke to her.

"This man is dangerous. Level 7. His name is Nick Fury. Now, I'm putting together a strike team to catch him off guard and we've got a tracker on his car. But he's crafty. If he manages to escape the strike team, I need you to deal with him. Taking this man out of the equation is essential to having a peaceful world," Pierce explained to a hurting soldier. She nodded to let him know she heard him.

Alexander handed his assassin a file on Nick Fury.

The only people it seems he trusted were people that didn't know much. Steve Rogers was listed as a trusted contact. She noted his home address before closing the file.

From the armoury, she took her mask, goggles, rifle, and a new weapon. This gun had a disk grenade on the end of it and the grenade was magnetized. It would be perfect for a moving vehicle.

Winter put her comm in her ear, to hear what the strike team was doing. They let the bank separately, most of the team in mock police vehicles. Fury would never expect it.

The winter soldier took her own motorcycle, waiting to hear from the team. And when they had eyes on him, everyone got into their places.

The soldier was stationed a few blocks away, traffic had been strategically blocked in different places to hinder the movement of the target in case he got away.

The soldier had her tablet out and looked at the dot, which was the target. Some people looked down the alleyway she was in and did a double-take but she had her full jacket on, metal arm barely visible.

"He's on the move! I repeat, target is on the move!" One of the strike team members yelled into his comm. Winter watched as the target took the predicated path, running straight into traffic. She checked traffic notices and planned his route.

He turned left as predicated and Winter began running down the alleyways, looking closely at the dot. Up ahead of him was an intersection and his only option would be to turn left.

She ran ahead of him and stood in the middle of the road, waiting.

As predicted, she saw the bullet-ridden black SUV make a hasty turn onto the street she was standing on.

Winter could see the shock in his eyes, he couldn't believe what he was seeing. This figure was standing ahead of him and it was clear who her allegiance was to. The attack had been planned far better than he anticipated.

She raised the disk grenade gun slowly and fired it. The grenade slid on the road until it got underneath his car and attached itself.

Less than a second later the grenade exploded, sending flames out from under the car. The back end of the car shot into the air and the SUV slid on its bumper toward the assassin.

She stepped out of the way as the car hurtled toward her, falling all the way forward and landing upside down.

The vehicle slid for a few seconds before slowing to a stop. Bystanders screamed in terror, watching the entire scene with horror.