n i n e t e e n

The Winter Soldier got back to the bank and was handed two files. One for Steve Rogers and one for Natasha Romanoff.

Rogers was a super soldier, enhanced with a serum. He was as strong, if not stronger than the Winter Soldier. He was a master with the vibranium shield he wielded and had been trained extensively in hand-to-hand combat.

Romanoff had been enhanced too, though not to the degree of Rogers or the Winter Soldier. She was a skilled spy and combatant, good marksman, and had many tricks up her sleeves.

Hydra did not have a location for the two, they disappeared after the Camp Lehigh incident. Still, a pre-emptive strike team had been sent out in case the pair was spotted. Winter got on her motorcycle and went to work.

Two hours later, Winter got an update in her comm. Sitwell didn't report back to his guards and was seen getting into a grey car downtown. They had his exact location from his cellphone.

Winter sped off to where Sitwell was last located. She slowed the motorcycle when she saw her targets leading Sitwell into a grey car. There was a third man who Winter didn't know. It would make things more difficult but she wasn't deterred.

The Winter Soldier didn't attack them there. Too many places to run, too many places to hide. Civilians would just get in the way. She needed them isolated.

Winter was patient.

She followed slowly behind the car, making sure she was never seen. Her priority was to eliminate Sitwell. One could only assume he had talked. And people who talked didn't live very long, especially people who weren't very important.

The car drove out onto the highway overpass. It was perfect. It was isolated and there wasn't anywhere for the occupants of the vehicle to flee. They were stuck in their own lane.

Hydra's team wasn't far behind when the winter soldier stuck her comm in her ear. "On me," she said simply.

Winter sped her motorcycle up and when she was right behind the car, she jumped. The soldier landed on top of the vehicle with a loud thud. Before anyone inside could react, she stepped down onto the handle, thrusted her metal arm through the window, grabbed onto Sitwell's jacket, and pulled him out of the backseat, tossing him into oncoming traffic.

She took out her pistol and shot a few rounds into the backseat of the car from the roof. She left a trail of bullets, trying to hit every place someone could have been hiding. Once she got into the backseat, she aimed for the two in the front.

Someone inside pulled the parking brake and the car roughly and harshly screeched to a stop. With the sudden loss of movement, the Winter Soldier flew off the top of the car headfirst. She dropped her gun as the back of her head made contact with the pavement.

The soldier used her metal arm to flip around quickly so she was facing forward and then dug it into the concrete. The arm sparked from the friction as it slid across the asphalt. But she slowed herself to a stop, uninjured. Winter's metal fingers left a crevasse in the road.

She released her fingers from the asphalt and stood slowly, making eye contact with the passengers in the car. The asset eyed her targets. Both on the right side.

The three in the car continued to stare at the Winter Soldier. They were too stunned to move, they were face-to-face with a ghost story, a person they'd only heard whispers about. She was right there and she wanted them dead. The Winter Soldier had never failed a mission.