t w e n t y - s i x

The buggy wasn't the fastest vehicle in the world but it was unexpected. Beck had to give Steve that at least.

They passed countless police officers on the drive to the airport. Sam drove as he wore his baseball cap and glasses, Steve pretended to sleep in the passenger seat, and Becky ducked low in the b

Steve and Sam were having meaningless conversations in the front of the car. Becky wasn't quite listening to them, she was focused in her own mind.

"What about you, Becky?"

When she heard her name, Becky zoned back into the conversation. "What?"

"You weren't listening to anything we said? You were just staring at us the whole time for nothing?" Sam questioned, unable to believe Becky really hadn't heard anything.

"No."

"We were talking about who we think killed President John F. Kennedy. I think that it was just Oswald but Sam thinks it was Booth and they convicted Oswald out of convenience. What about you?" Steve asked, explaining the conversation he and Sam were having.

Becky paused and thought for a moment.

"I think I did."

"What?!" Sam exclaimed, turning around in his seat to stare at Becky.

"I think I killed him. I remember it, back in '63. I got out before anyone could see me. So... you're both wrong, I guess," Becky revealed, shrugging her shoulders.

Steve chuckled while Sam flipped back around in his chair. "I cannot believe we're in a vehicle with the person who killed JFK."

Eventually, they did make it safely to the airport, pausing by the ticketing meter as Becky had to explain what the German on the machine meant to Sam.

Sam took their parking ticket and drove to the parking garage, the buggy humming as it pushed its way up each level.

Finally, they see their rendezvous point. A white van was sitting in a lone spot on the empty level. Sam pulled their blue vehicle into the spot beside the van, turning it off as everyone stepped out.

Steve got out of the car and closed his door. Becky scowled as Sam purposefully didn't let her out and closed his door too. "Bitch," Beck said under her breath, pulling the lever for the chair and opening her own door as Steve met with the other members of the "resistance".

"I wouldn't have called if I had any other choice," Steve was saying as Becky got out of the car, stretching her body after being cramped for so long.

She decided to keep herself by the buggy while the others said their hello's. She didn't know any of them, wasn't sure how they felt about her, and it was Beck's fault they were all there.

"Hey, man. You're doing me a favour. Besides, I owe a debt," Clint said after shaking Steve's hand, gesturing with his head toward Wanda.

Becky knew who most of them were, they were the Avengers after all. Their names were easy to find and information was easily available online.

"Thanks for having my back," Steve said gratefully to Wanda as she shrugged.

"It was time to get off my ass," Wanda replied nonchalantly, trying and failing to keep her eyes from wandering to Becky.