s e v e n t e e n

The Winter Soldier continued to do work for Hydra into the 21st century. She killed and spied and blackmailed for the organization. In 2008, it was no different.

She was unfrosted and placed in the memory chair, her hoarse screams of agony echoing off the walls. Winter let out a sharp breath when the plate was lifted and her words said.

"Soldier?"

"Ready to comply," she responded to the command, awaiting her new orders patiently.

"I have a mission for you. Assassination. No witnesses," Pierce explained, handing a file to the soldier.

She looked it over. The place was Hotel Inessa. Her target was a scientist staying at the hotel with a team of handpicked security guards. She needed to kill the man and kill any witnesses.

Winter studied the picture before closing the file and handing it back, she committed the name to memory. One of the scientists removed an I.V from her arm and she stood, walking to the armoury with purpose.

She took knives, pistols, and her mask. When her weapons were equipped and her uniform on, the asset returned to the main hall of the bank.

Alexander smiled at he assassin. "There's a vehicle waiting for you outside. Have fun," he commented sarcastically as the Winter Soldier left the building. It was night as she got into the vehicle and the driver began taking her to their private airstrip.

***

Winter landed at the location of the Hotel and left the airstrip alone. She knew the target was coming back from a meeting and followed him from the roof.

She was ducking low on top, following him from a distance. He couldn't know she was there or he'd evacuate and the asset would miss her chance.

Her target was surrounded by four of his guards. She got into the hotel without a sound and followed them until they entered a separate section of the lobby. Inside that room, three of her target's guards were lining the wall.

It was time for her to act. The winter soldier made sure she had all of her weapons ready and checked the room again with her small camera, marking the position of each guard. When they was done, she snuck up to the wall.

Taking a breath, Winter reached through the thin wall with her metal arm. She grabbed the first guard by the throat and pulled him backward.

The asset took hold of the wall and used it to swing through the opening, kicking another guard who had come to help.

When she landed Winter quickly pulled a knife from her waistband and threw it at the guard closest to the door. It hit him in the neck.

As she bent down to deal with the guard she had kicked earlier, she simultaneously pulled a knife from her ankle holster. Using her metal arm, she pulled the man up and stuck the knife into his neck. She surveyed the room to see where the rest of the guards were.

Her target paused for a moment before seeing who was before him. Three of his guards went with him as he ran the other way. All of them were yelling orders to each other, trying to protect the vip.

Of the five guarding him, two pulled out their weapons and tried to fire at the soldier. She used the deadman as a shield and pulled out her own semi-automatic pistol, firing a volley of bullets into the guards.