Chapter Three | FatherXSon

Even though the bastard told me to cry, I'm not sure he expected just how emotional I could be because he was tense as a statue, silent and staring at me as I cried.

He'd finally let go of me, and now I was a puddle at his feet, trying to silence my sobs as I endured the pain of being separated from the one I wanted as my mate.

"S-so...why don't you talk about it....maybe...." Ludwig said, having no idea how to comfort people even though he damn asked for this.

"Wie fickin was?" I sobbed.

"Er...Umm...I..." he paused and admitted defeat, "I don't know how to deal with this."

"Deal with? You're so mean, little brother. This is your fault!" I shouted at him, and he sighed and threw me over his shoulder like I weighed nothing.

He sat me down on the couch in the corner of the basement in front of a little coffee table where he'd take breaks between work.

He let me flop onto the couch and gave me a pillow to muffle my sobs, though it was probably more of a request than an offer.

"So...why did you fall for this human anyway?" He finally asked, and my crying stopped immediately.

I threw the pillow at him. How stupid of a question is that?

"Are you a trottel!?" I asked loudly, and he looked taken aback, "how could I not! You've met her!"

"Er...well, yes, she's attractive, but isn't she a bit—"

I glared daggers at him, silencing him as I threatened through grit teeth, "I dare you to finish that sentence."

He hesitated and responded, "immature."

My eyes widened in surprise.

"What? Immature? Nein—"

"She leaves home when things don't go her way; she gets angry and distressed when you don't give answers but doesn't give any herself—"

"Shut up!"

"I'm trying to warn—"

"Warn me? You think I'm the one who needs to be warned out of the two of us? I'm a fickin blood-sucking vampire with horror stories about me and an inner beast I have absolutely no control over, and you think I should be worried about her? Even if she is selfish sometimes, well...well, she's human, she's a person. Aren't we all a little selfish...." I hissed and rubbed my watering, puffy eyes.

Ludwig nodded, "of course. You can't blame me for asking. I know next to nothing about her, and...it seems that was the case for you as well."

I growled at him, "what kind of comforting is this? I'm falling apart because my lover was kidnapped, and you're doing nothing but bash her!?"

"Lover—" he blushed.

"Yeah, what's it to you? She may be a virgin still, but—"

"I don't need to hear this from you," Ludwig immediately silenced me, putting a hand over my mouth.

I couldn't resist, and I licked his hand. He pulled away reflexively and gave me a look of disgust before rubbing his slobbered hand on my cheek.

"What's wrong with you!" He shouted.

I laughed, "lots of things! But that's why I'm so awesome!"

"Honestly...bruder..."

We were both silent again, and I finally answered his question.