Chapter Four | GilbertXFrancis

Francis quickly caught wind that I was fine compared to Toni, so he immediately came to me as soon as Toni was down for a nap, and honestly, it was kind of refreshing.

Usually, we get in some stupid fight, and he goes crying to Toni, or I get in some stupid fight, and he comes over and tries to coddle me.

But now I'm the most awesome one in the group. People come to me now!

Who knew pretending to be calm would go such a long way.

I am just pretending, though.

I'm not anywhere near being calm.

___ is still gone, and who the fuck knows where and all I'm doing is lying down in bed with a Frenchman sobbing into my lap.

"Hey, Francy..."

"What?"

"You alright, man?"

"Am I alright? Am I alright!? Are you kidding me? Of course, I'm not alright! Are you! Are you alright, Gilbert?!"

"Hey, calm down!"

"Me? I need to calm down!" Francis began to laugh but in a more hysterical kind of way than a genuinely amused way.

"I'm supposed to be the leader right now...and 'ere you are...you...."

"What about me?" I glared at him as he sat on the edge of the bed now.

"Well, no offense, amore, but you're never calm. Never. I can't name one time you've been calm. Why are you calm now?"

"I'm not...."

He stared at me intently.

"I'm not lying. I don't really know why I can fake it right now, but I'm not okay even a little...but this is the only time where both of you haven't been okay at the same time...I just...I gotta be there for you too, don't I?" I asked, avoiding his gaze.

He smiled and blushed and dove in for a hug.

"Aaawww, Gilbert, you do love us, don't you!?"

"Get off of me. I'm doing this for ___. If we all fall apart, we'll never get close to her."

Francis stopped clinging to me and nodded, "oui. Most good decisions aren't made in states of panic."

"Ja. That's how most murders happen."

"That's...that's not at all where I was going with that, but you're not wrong..." he stared at me, confused.

"What? ___ told me that."

"Of course she did. Filled with fun facts that one is."

"Why do you think that is?" I asked him seriously.

"Hmm...if I had to guess, it's so she knows a little bit about everything, right? That way, she can make conversation with anyone. Besides...not all of her fun facts were horrifying, right?"

"She told me a human could fit a raccoon up its ass."

"..."

"..."

"...of course she did—pftt" Francis suddenly began to laugh. This time it was genuine.

"Why would she feel like telling you that?"

"I asked her for weird fun facts once."

"Heheheh....and what else did she tell you?"

"Butterflies also like drinking blood."