Chapter Nine | DhampiresXAccident

Downstairs, Elizabetta, Roderich, Ludwig, Francis, and Antonio discussed how to carefully contact our association without raising too much alarm. Meanwhile, I sat on the lounge chair in Raphael's gaming room, ready to beat his ass in whatever game he chose.

"I'm back," Raphael spoke over his headset. He handed me mine and, without even knowing who I was speaking with, introduced myself proudly.

"How's it going, losers?"

"Gil!" Wendy exclaimed.

"Uncle Gil!" Peter cheered.

"Ah geez..." Tarkan sighed.

"Hey, Tarkan, that was uncalled for," Peter scolded his 'friend' over the chat.

"Gil, are you staying at Raphael's again?" Erwald asked.

I'd played a few games with them during my last stay here with Eliza.

"Temporarily."

"That's what you said last time," Tarkan commented.

"Oi, I mean it this time. We're just having a meeting," I clarified.

"A meeting? Does it have to with you, Eliza, and Roderich?" Wendy pried.

I rolled my eyes.

"No, it does not."

"He, Gil!" Peter chimed in.

"Ja?"

"Is ___ there?"

"Oh yeah," Wendy agreed.

"Eh...no," I admitted.

There was a brief pause.

"Why?" Tarkan asked. He pretends he doesn't care one bit about ___, but I know for a fact he's at least curious about the strange woman.

"Oh, is she turning?" Wendy asked excitedly.

I paused. She was supposed to be right about now.

"Nein."

"Huh? Didn't you tell uncle Mathias that you were getting ready?"

I blushed profusely, "why would Mathias share that information with you?"

"He didn't; I overheard him reading your text aloud to everyone. Emil got all huffy about it."

"Huh?" Was Emil upset about that? Wait...does he have a crush on her?

My thoughts were interrupted by Wendy again.

"Gilbert," she asked hesitantly, "is everything okay with her?"

"Ja. Why wouldn't it be," I began nervously sweating while Raphael looked at me. He probably had eavesdropped on the situation and thankfully chose to keep quiet about it.

"Really? Because you're at Eliza's with your clan and not her. She's all alone, and you were about to turn her. Did you get in a fight?"

She's too perceptive for her own good, that girl.

"Kinda."

"She rejected you, didn't she?" Tarkan said bluntly.

"She did not; she's my girlfriend!" I barked.

"Really!?" Wendy asked excitedly.

"No." Raphael finally spoke up.

I pushed his head down in protest, and his Mario cart spun out of control.

"Ahahaha. Gilbert, you made him lose, didn't you?" Erwald laughed, and the others laughed too, while Raphael turned red in embarrassment.

In protest of me accidentally making him lose, he said, "Francis said you aren't dating officially, right?"

I stared at him and muted my microphone.

"You were listening, were you?" I asked him seriously, and he nodded expressionlessly.

"Schieße," I hissed and shook my head.

"Don't get involved in it, okay?" I asked, and he nodded.

"Involved in what?" Tarkan asked.

Dammit, these kids must've all muted their games when I turned my microphone off.

"You brats," I scolded, and they began laughing before Wendy became serious again.

"Gilbert. What's actually going on? We can help." She pleaded; this girl never asked for things; she demanded them. It was weird to me to hear her speak more humbly. That is how you could tell she was very serious.

Even though Wendy was younger, she was stronger than ___—probably—Ever since she saved ___ from Kuro while everyone was having drunken sex, she's been somewhat protective of her.

They were going to hear about it eventually anyway, right? Might as well let them know, not that they actually could do anything to help.

"She's....she went missing," I admitted, and there was a mixed reaction of stunned silence, gasps, and protests.

"What!?" Peter yelled.

"H-How?" Wendy stuttered in surprise.

"We...think it was a vampire," I detailed, and I heard Peter shouting to someone.

"Wait—schieße, don't go telling everyone!" I demanded, but Peter logged out, and one by one, so did the others.

"That...is probably not a good thing," I grit my teeth, and Raphael gave me a blank stare, judging me.

"Quit looking at me like that," I argued, but he didn't, so I eventually sat up and handed him the controller back.

He hopped off the couch and followed me.

"Where do you think you're going?" I asked him.

"With you," I said slowly.

"Umm, why? I'm just going back to my room," I told him.

"Oh, I doubt that," he said emotionlessly.

"Huh? Warum?" I asked, and I heard a phone ring downstairs, then another phone...and another...then mine.

I took out my phone to see Mathias was calling me.

I heard Francis muttering downstairs about Arthur calling him; Antonio begrudgingly looked at his phone to hang up on Alfred.

Elizabetta chose to silence her phone without bothering to see who was calling, but Ludwig put two and two together immediately despite not listening in on Raphael and me.

"Gilbert!!!"