Volume One Summary

A human, ___, in her twenties, is on an undesired trip when her van breaks down. She impulsively goes to the Renaissance fair before finding help. Misguided advice from a group of drunk girls leads her to the home of a trio infamous in town for their sexual activities.

They-Gilbert, Antonio, and Francis-are shocked to find a "Princess" at the door and agree to help her.

When her van is deemed unfit for travel, she stays with them, where they immediately try to seduce her but are unsuccessful.

The following day the trio shows their new friend around the Forest, but she senses trouble before they do, and they discover a crime scene. They immediately call for the police but are weirdly secretive about the nature of the attack.

After bonding for a few weeks, the van is ready, and ___ departs only to be attacked almost immediately. She decides to recover at the home of the trio.

The same night she returns, the trio has over a few "friends from work" who inquire about the girl staying with them.

The trio attempts to keep her away, but this fails, and she meets Arthur, who asks the trio if she'll be joining them, to which they become defensive and angrily deny this.

___ is annoyed by the man's behavior and leaves. Later that night, the trio attempts to erase her memories of the event but is gobsmacked when she recalls the events in the morning.

Inquiring more about the people she met, they lie and tell her they're part of an investment company and ___ accepts this in the meantime.

The trio and ___ continue to have fun. However, it leads to a few awkward moments like ____ accidentally walking in on Gilbert naked and encountering a lover of the trio named Heidi whom she immediately clashes with.

___ is informed of the schedule for her book publishing in New York and invites the trio to the conference.

___ is embarrassed to see her publisher and friend, Tracy, has supplied the honeymoon room with things she hopes will spice up ___'s nonexistent sex life.

This almost works as __ is seduced by the trio but ultimately stops them.

The trio is shocked the following day to find the publishing company she works for is owned by Arthur and an American man named Alfred, who are excited to introduce her to the "others," though the trio tries to prevent this.

After the conference, ___ and her family attend the rooftop party hosted by Alfred and Arthur.

Before the trio arrives, Alfred pulls __ aside and asks her to join their "company," though she refuses without elaboration.

The trio arrives and makes a scene and later takes Tracy to bed, which upsets ___, so she runs to Ludwig, Gilbert's brother, and begs him to tell her the truth. Still, he only elaborates about auras and them being able to see them, which satisfies her in the meantime.

In New York, ___ senses something that sends her into a panic, and the trio takes her home where she'll feel safer and relax for the night.

After returning home, the four friends return to their routine until ___ fountains blood after eating a pizza slice that Gilbert'd licked in his attempt to prevent her from eating it.

He blames himself for her hospitalized condition, but she finds this ridiculous and ignores it.

While on a stroll through town, ___ meets a girl named Anna and can immediately tell she's being abused and impulsively asks her about it. Anna chooses not to deny it and brings up the disappearance of a boy in town whom her father had picked up the same night ___ arrived in town.