Chapter Nineteen | ActionXDetermination

"We're back!" I shouted, running into the hotel and jumping to the balcony of the floor with Alfred's office.

I heard things shatter and a deep demonic growl.

I froze.

Oh fuck.

Francis and Antonio exchanged shocked glances behind me, and I turned to look at them, a knot in my throat.

I'd heard that voice once before, only once.

That was the sound of Ludwig using his full strength, something he only did when he was genuinely pissed off and bloodthirsty.

Francis, Toni, and I ran in, ready for a fight to see seven members of the Star clan recovering on the floor while Ludwig gripped Alfred's throat, creating cracks in it, revealing our hardened body's true nature.

Alfred looked at us, pleading, and I ran to Ludwig and put my hand on his back.

"Ludwig," I urged, "put him down and explain what's going on."

Ludwig's ordinarily blue eyes were pitch black, but after turning to look at me, they slowly faded to red, letting his demonic side hibernate again.

He let go of Alfred, who fell onto his desk and glared daggers at Ludwig.

"It's his fault," Ludwig repeated the message in his text.

"No, it ain't," Allen said behind us. "We were had, all of us."

Antonio whipped around the face him, "explain."

"The LCAC...it's not what it stands for, not at all," Alfred spoke up instead. "At some point, it completely ignored its true purpose and began experimenting not to find lupus alterations but to toy with and experiment with humans using a wide variety of chemicals mixed with venom just to see what it would do...at least that's what I think is happening."

My heart stopped, and I was as still as a statue as I deduced what he was getting to.

Francis interrupted him, "this government agency that ___ was working for....it was them... it was you!" He snapped, and Allen tugged him back away from Alfred. Toni hissed and moved to strike Allen, but Matthew and Matt held both his arms from behind.

Toni flipped backward, twisting their arms and sending them to the ground as he broke free but was quickly restrained again, biting Matt's shoulder in desperation.

Matt flinched, and Matthew grasped Toni's neck in a releasing technique unique to vampires that forced their mouths open.

Toni made guttural hissing noises, and Francis looked aggrieved for his mate while being restrained by Allen.

Alfred continued to speak. "I have no idea what these missions they've been sending her on are all about. Maybe to test the limits of the vial's contents by giving them impossible missions meant to exert them and endanger them forcing the venom to take effect; however, it's been working."

Ludwig held my shoulder firmly, noticing my offensive stance and hand slowly forming a fist.

"Yeah, so...what all this means is I'm gonna fucking kill everyone who lied to me and experimented on innocent people, and I assume you'd like to come with me. Based on what I know on Subject 0, aka ___. She's the strongest and first survivor of the experiment; she's the only one to survive her specific formula. Everyone else has something different going on, according to the analyzation documents. I assume all other personal information was completely falsified. I was led to believe she was a man and a convict of all things."