Chapter Ten | ImpromtuXPlans

I stood in front of Ludwig; he was scowling, tapping one foot angrily, and was crossing his arms to avoid his instinct to punch me for my accidental screw up.

"Well?" He asked.

"It wasn't my fault." I blurted out, trying to avoid trouble.

Ludwig threw his hands in the air, exasperated.

"Wasn't your fault!? What just happened? We all got calls from multiple people, one of them being Alfred!? What did you do!?"

"It wasn't my fault!" I reiterated.

"Lügner!"

"I'm not lying! It was those kids—"

"You're really blaming a child?" Roderich interrupted.

"Stay out of this," I hissed, annoyed.

He grit his teeth, and Eliza gripped his arm to calm him down, "I am part of this too. I just got a call from Jett; he's never called me once. Why would he call out of the blue unless you did something?"

"I—"

Raphael cut me off.

"Gilbert easily succumbed to peer pressure." He said with no emotion.

"Wh—hey?" I protested, and Ludwig pinched the bridge of his nose.

"You...seriously caved....to children...." He muttered slowly.

Francis face-palmed and sighed, and Antonio looked at me disapprovingly.

Eliza rolled her eyes.

"You really can be too soft with kids," she clucked.

I grimaced and ignored her. Nothing wrong with being soft to kids; besides, that Wendy girl is way too perceptive.

"Wendy is indeed perceptive," a gentle voice spoke up.

I turned to see Maria bringing us a platter of tea.

"Stay out of my thoughts, Maria," I growled. Stupid telepath.

She gave a small smile and said nothing as she passed everyone a tea cup.

Francis took Antonio's before he could, worried Antonio would shatter it. He didn't have much control over his strength right now either, his hands shaking as he struggled to stay calm.

"What did Wendy ask you? We weren't listening," Elizabetta asked.

I refused to answer, so Raphael robotically answered.

"Wendy insisted she could help because she could tell Gil was upset about something, and he immediately admitted she'd gone missing. Everyone proceeded to freak out and shout for their clan mates and left the game. I was having fun too...." He sighed.

"You asked me to play," I reminded him.

"I didn't think you were going to spill your guts. I was trying to help distract you from that."

"Distract him," Eliza spoke up. "Raphael, were you listening in on us? You know better." She chastised, and Raphael blushed and looked away, upset she was disappointed in him. She was his mother figure, after all.

"Oi, don't blame the kid," I stood up for him, and Ludwig glared at me.

"You blamed the children not two minutes ago."

"Okay, ja, but not Raphael."

Francis shook his head and began tapping his foot impatiently, seemingly having nothing to say to me, which was a little frightening.