Chapter Twenty | MemoriesXReborn

Ugh. Where am I?

My head feels a little fuzzy.

It's so bright...

I squint my eyes open to see a bright light hanging above me. A familiar sight; it was a hospital room, of course.

Great, what happened this time?

I...I can't remember.

Wait? What about Germany? I was headed through Germany on my next assignment in my van.

Did I crash?

I sit up but am restricted by the IV drips and needles inside me attached to various machines.

I tore them out without a second thought. I'd be fine with or without them.

The hospital gown was undone in the back, so I quickly tied it before inching my way to the end of the bed, ready to stand up and take a more thorough look around.

Before I could get to my feet, my ears started ringing, and I groaned loudly.

"What is that?"

I rubbed my temples, hoping it would stop, and eventually, the noise faded, and I decided it would be best not to get up until I had some answers.

As I looked around, I saw a calendar on the wall.

Huh! No way, it's mid-July! It was just spring!

I've never been in a coma this long! What the hell happened?

I heard a number of footsteps racing toward my door.

The lack of a heartbeat on the monitors I detached myself from must've alerted them.

The door opened, and I prepared to protest the IV drips and needles again when I realized I knew everyone.

"___," nurse Mary smiled in relief.

"Mary. I'm at headquarters...."

She nodded.

"Yes, you're going to be alright now."

Behind nurse Mary was nurse Sadie with a clipboard and, to my surprise, in strode Dr. Cooper. The head of our facility.

"Dr. Cooper," I bowed my head but remained seated on the end of the bed.

He allowed it and pulled up a chair to face me.

"___, how are you feeling?"

"I'm fine, I guess. Some ringing in my ears a minute ago."

"That's normal after going through such an ordeal," he stated casually.

"About that...what happened? I can't seem to remember anything..." I admitted.

He raised his brows but didn't appear surprised, "amnesia." He stated and wrote something on his clipboard.

I waited for him to answer me, but he still hadn't as he reviewed his notes.

"Umm...Dr. Cooper, sir—"

"We'll speak about it later in private, ___. As for now, you need to recover. Lynette will come and give you a few tests to check the extent of your amnesia." He ordered and got up, and left.

I glared at nurse Sadie who immediately looked away, and took a tray out of the room with her.

They'll tell me privately?

This must be something the nurses in the room couldn't know.

There must be cameras in here too. Information and the details of my mission couldn't be given out lightly.