Chapter Seventeen | TracyXPlan

"Oh, sheisse! We know her," I cursed, and Alfred nodded.

"Yeah, me too. She's on my list of employees. ___'s editor."

Francis nodded. "We have her number," he informed.

"When did you get that?" Alfred inquired.

"After we fucked her," I said bluntly.

"Oh, yeah, that figures. ___ was pretty mad about that, wasn't she? Ran right to you, didn't she, Ludwig?"

Ludwig blushed and nodded, "Ja."

"Ja, let's move on!" I insisted.

"Right. I'd like to make contact with Tracy as soon as possible, just to see if she knows anything we don't. She doesn't specify anything in the constant police reports other than worried about ___ absence."

"Do you know where she lives?" Francis asked.

"Of course I do; I'm her employer," he mumbled as though we should automatically assume he knows everything.

"Here's what's going to happen," he said, as he wrote down an address. "You three, are going to visit Tracy and interrogate her. You have my permission to retrieve this information however you are able to."

We nodded along as he began checking something on his computer, "her phone seems to show she's currently at home unless she likes to leave it there like ___...." He said to himself.

"Umm, what?"

"Ci, what is that supposed to mean?" Toni agreed; the statement was weird.

Alfred looked at us as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "The GPS tracker?"

"You had a GPS tracker in ___'s phone!?" Toni yelled.

"Everybody has one. You just have to know how to access it."

"And you do, I'm assuming..." Francis asked blandly, and he nodded.

"And do we, then?" I asked.

"Yup," he said casually, still writing something down.

"Thank you...." Francis said calmly.

"Anytime..what for?" He looked up, confused.

"For validating my fear of technology."

"Oh. Well, thanks to the technology, I can confirm her phone was disabled or destroyed three minutes after leaving you home, but the roads they took don't confirm much or lead anywhere. I checked everything before the meeting."

Francis nodded. I didn't know whether to thank him or punch him. It was becoming clear Alfred wasn't powerful just in terms of his abilities and physical strength. He seemed to have access to information only the government should know.

"Right, here's a list of questions for Tracy, blackmail in case you need it, and her address," Alfred said and handed me a few sheets of paper.

"Blackmail?" I asked, and Toni took it from me and smirked at what he read.

"I don't think we'll need that but thank you...." Ludwig spoke up and got up from his chair to leave with the three of us.

"Not so fast." Alfred's voice boomed.

"Francis, Toni, Gil; you deal with Tracy. Ludwig, you're going to stay here and hand over the information you have hidden in your car."

Ludwig broke out in a cold sweat; I could see the hairs rise on his arms.