Chapter Thirteen | MeetingsXFears

With Alfred's cue—which was just him loudly telling everyone to get to the meeting room—we had all found our seats in a rush, scattered about the room.

I hadn't seen the place this packed in a long time; it could've moved me to tears if my brain wasn't malfunctioning the way Madeline had described.

Alfred took the stand with a mic he didn't need; we could all hear him just fine and pulled down the projector screen behind him.

He pointed to Amelia, and she displayed a picture of ___ we'd never seen before.

"Where the fick did you get that?" I asked loudly, and he glared.

"The internet."

Oh.

Elizabetta snickered, and I swear Toni was holding back a laugh himself.

"This is ___, for those of you who don't know. She's a human in her early twenties and marked as part of the Croix clan. It's debatable, but Gilbert claims she's his intended mate."

"Dude," I blurted out. Elizabetta started laughing again, and Francis covered his mouth.

"Therefore, she's one of us, vampire or not, and she's gone missing."

Those who didn't know of her existence before tonight exchanged worried glances and confused murmurs.

From the back, a young ice-pale woman raised her hand.

Alfred pointed to her, allowing her to speak.

"How does a vampire lose a human?" She asked quietly and slowly.

"She has a point; you really lost her?" Allistor asked, looking over at us.

"Is this really that important that we all come out here?" An Egyptian vampire asked.

Alfred snapped his fingers to silence everyone.

"Yes. There's a lot more to this story than a missing human. Francis and Ludwig will explain what we know. There's something very unusual about ___. In fact, the part about her being completely human may not even be true—"

There were a few audible gasps and many stares directed at the three of us, Arthur looked especially curious but a little bit betrayed as well.

"Not completely human?" Sadik repeated, confused.

Natalia spoke up, "what then? Is she an alien?"

"Leave it to the bad-touch trio to be the first to fuck an alien," João commented, and a majority of the vampires in attendance began laughing.

Francis raised his hands angrily and shouted, "first of all, no one has been fucked, and second she isn't an alien!"

"You haven't even fucked?" A Grecian man asked.

"Okay, that's enough! We're getting very off topic!" Alfred shouted, and everyone quieted down.

I whispered to Francis, "the fact she's not an alien you found to be second most important?"

Everyone held back their laughs overhearing this, and Francis sighed, very fed up with everyone, myself included.

"Francis, take over, tell us everything you know about ___."

"Oui," Francis agreed, fully intending not to tell them everything. At least, I hope that's the case.

"First, tell us how you met; any and all information could be important," Alfred asked as he sat in the front row next to Amelia and Ashlyn.