Chapter Eleven | AlpsXIvan

The car was completely silent, but the atmosphere was tense. Ludwig was stressed, I was anxious, Antonio was murderous, and Francis was desperately trying to keep everything together.

Despite my anxiety and desire to finish this quickly, I stayed with them. Francis needed me right now, and I was the one that usually needed him. The tables being turned like this was so incredibly weird all I knew how to do was stick with them. Running away felt like it'd make things worse. I doubt Francis could keep it together long on his own while taking care of Antonio.

Sticking with them felt weird, too, though. I was no empath, but I could definitely sense their distress, and that made my anxiety worse. On top of that, Ludwig still chose the bag over me, and I was in the cramped backseat next to Antonio and Francis with Toni in the middle for obvious reasons.

We finally pulled into the long driveway of Vasch's mansion.

A human servant dressed as a butler opened the door for me and made his way around the car for Francis and Antonio.

The human went pale when he saw Antonio's burning red eyes. He must know by now what an angry vampire looked like and how incredibly dangerous they could be.

Francis modded to the human and promised a tip.

The human man continued to sweat nervously but nodded gratefully and refused to make eye contact with anyone.

We made our way inside, and Eliza was at the door waiting for us while Ludwig's clan and her clan paced inside, talking to each other and to Vasch's clan.

As soon as I entered, I sensed an incredibly powerful aura and audibly gulped as I looked up, dreading to see the man approaching me.

"Gilbert," he spoke, fake cheer in his youthful voice.

"H-hey, Ivan," I stuttered. "Y-you're early...."

"Иет." He grinned.

"Huh?"

"He said no," Roderich said, annoyed with me.

"I know what he said! I just meant, what does he mean he's not early?"

Vasch made an appearance looking exhausted.

Before I could ask what happened to him, he answered what Ivan meant.

"It's because he's been here."

"Been here?" Francis asked, also curious.

"He hasn't left since the last meeting, so neither will his sisters."

I saw Natalia and Yekaterina poke their heads around the corner at the mention of their name,

"Ummm...." I trailed off, not sure of Ivan's motives, when Anna came running from around the corner in a cute frilly dress probably made for her by Lily.

"Gil!" She called, pain in her voice. "What's going on?" Her eyes were watery, and she came to a stop by Ivan's side.

Ivan was quick to wrap his arms around her in a comforting hug, and I froze.

Oh. What!?

"Y-you—" I stuttered, and Vasch shook his head at me, begging me not to say anything.

Francis looked amused.

Ivan petted Anna's hair as she held him and buried her face in his chest.

Ivan looked at me, expecting me to answer Anna's question.

"Oh-um, well," I was completely thrown off that this cute little woman was involved with someone as frightening as Ivan and also a little worried, given her family history.