she knows best - demetri

WARNINGS: like 1 swear word lmao
CREDIT: myself
WORDS: 549 (I wanted to start making shorter imagines too, to go with the longer ones)
(Y/BF/N: your best friend's name)

Y/N and her best friend (can be whoever you want) walk into target looking for swimsuits. Y/N had needed some new ones since the ones from last year didn't fit. "Okay, where are the swimsuits again?" Her best friend says, completely confused about where to go. Y/N laughs, "Okay, well if you don't know where to go why are you leading us? Let me find it,"

Y/N turns around the corner of the next aisle, seeing nothing but summer clothing, not including swimsuits.

"Maybe we should ask for help?" Her best friend suggests. "Maybe we should, but you know I have problems talking to strangers." She reminds her. Y/N didn't like any line of human interaction unless it was with her best friend, or her mom and dad. She is not a people person. "Okay, then I'll do it. But don't you think it's a bit weird I have to ask for you?" Her friend complains as the two of them make their way throughout the store looking for an employee.

"I guess, just go ask someone, please," Y/N says, then turns the corner, seeing a worker, with his back facing her. "There we found one, go up to him," Y/N says.

"No, I think you should." Her friend says, wanting her to get over her fear of talking to people. How would she expect to go back to school like this? "What?!" Y/N asks, as her friend walks up and taps the guy on the shoulder, then quickly running away. "Damnit Y/BF/N," Y/N mumbles.

The employee turns around. "Oh, hi, can I help you?" He asks. "Oh yeah, thank you, um," She looks at his name tag, "Demetri, could you tell me where the bathing suits are?" Y/N asks, pretty much terrified.

He smiles at how nervous she is, remembering how he used to be like that, "Yeah, they're right over there." He says, pointing near them. "Do you want me to take you over there?" He offers, she notices how attractive he is from not just the back of his head, "Yes please." She answers politely.

He takes Y/N over into the swimsuit aisle, which wasn't that far. Y/BF/N watching her best friend handle the situation well.
"Thank you for your help," She says, as he turns around and smiles at her. "No problem, come find me if you need help again," He says, winking at her, then walking out of the aisle.

Y/N is shocked, she was 17 and she had never felt butterflies in her stomach before like she just did from his simple wink. Her best friend sneaks up behind her, "Well that worked out great, didn't it?" She says, scaring the shit out of Y/N. She jumps, "God, you scared the shit of me," Y/N says.

"Well, that worked out? All because of me? I'm telling ya, I know best." Y/BF/N boasts with a proud grin on her face. "Yeah, yeah, whatever. Let's just find those swimsuits before I figure out what just happened." She sighs.