difference in the day (2) - samantha

WARNINGS: making out, use of lgbtq slurs by people, not a part of the community (I'm bisexual myself but I still rarely still use any), swearing, mentions of blood, mentions of school during summer again🙄, you being hot as fuck, Kyler and his bitchy friends, teachers that don't give a shit (you'll understand later)
CREDIT: myself, requested by hotawkwardmess
WORDS: 3070

A few months had passed. Samantha and Y/N had grown really close, except for one minor detail that both of them wanted to change. They were still no more than friends. Samantha had felt strong feelings for Y/N, and vice versa. The feeling was entirely mutual, but both girls were too tense to mention anything to the other.

Samantha rapidly inhaled as she walked down the hallway. It was now around January. It was extremely cold, West Valley had just come back from winter break, and the winter dance was coming up, which Samantha thought was the perfect time to ask Y/N out. Sam walked outside, her puffy, large coat making it hard for her to even move her arms.

Sam had found a little place that they could go, and talk to each other in private without anyone hearing, it was a little place far behind the school. It was near the woods, it had a beautiful small pond with a few rocks around that they'd always sit on to talk. She had shown it to Y/N, and it had become their little place, as one would say.

"Look who finally showed up," The girl sitting in front of the rock arose onto it. Sam didn't know why she was sitting on the lovely grass at first, she knew it hurt Y/N's knees and ass to sit like that on the hardened dirt. "Yeah, sorry I took a bit, Counselor Blatt really doesn't know how to stop talking." Both of them shared a quick laugh before Sam sat down.

"Why were you sitting on the ground before I got here?" Sam asked suddenly, the questions among her mind now becoming too much to keep inside. "This is gonna sound stupid," Y/N began as Sam scoffed in a good way, "I bet it won't."

"Well, I was on the floor because it just felt weird to sit on the rocks without you," Sam watched astonished as Y/N continued her way of words, "Like it's kinda our thing and I felt kinda bad sitting on it while it was just me," Y/N explained, looking closely at a dark green frog on a light green lily pad.

Sam looked down at the grass and smiled at what she had heard, "That's actually really sweet." She admired, looking at the same frog on a Lilly pad. It was partly coincidental that the frog decided to join at that moment.

They had never seen a frog within the tiny body of shallow water before, let alone seen at least more than one lily pad. It could've just been a complete coincidence, but Sam saw it as a sign.

"Hey, Y/N," Sam started as the girl turned her full attention toward Samantha as she spoke, "Would you maybe- uh- want to go with me to the winter dance? It perfectly fine if you don't want to or if someone already asked you-" Sam trailed off completely. "I'd love to go with you, Samantha. Call it a date."

Sam's eyes got big as she smiled shyly. "Perfect," She mumbled. Somehow Sam had just scored a date with the girl of her dreams, and somehow no one had asked her already. "I'll pick you up at 7:30 on Friday," Y/N concluded. And with a wink that left Sam stunned, she was gone.

"Holy fuck! I really gotta start listening to my mind more often," Sam whispered to herself with a small laugh, then getting up and leaving the premises of the school herself.

The long-awaited day of the dance had finally come. Samantha was in her room getting ready, as was Y/N. Samantha had picked out a beautiful, tan-ish dress, with ruffles and her straps purposely below her shoulders. Y/N wore an also tan-colored outfit, except hers was no dress, but a dashing suit.