my favorite enemy* - miguel

WARNINGS: smut, swearing
CREDIT: myself, requested by cobrakais
WORDS: 2019

It was no secret that Miguel Diaz and Y/N L/N despised each other with all the cells, muscles, and bones in their body.

He despised her cause of how she almost always got her way. She despised him because he was sensei's favorite. She hated it. She had worked harder than him every day, but when he wins one all-valley by illegally using the opponent's injuries, and suddenly he's the better man.

"Y/N! Quit daydreaming! If you can't tell we're having a practice here!" Sensei Lawrence shouted at her. Miguel snarled. Every fucking day something like that happened. It pissed her off. Diaz only assumed that since she was a girl she did less than any of the other students in the dojo when she's the one that works the hardest. And yet, she was still forced to shut her mouth and not say what's on her mind, otherwise, it would ruin the future she wanted in karate. Or at least, that's what she thought. "Yes, Sensei! Sorry, Sensei!" She shouted back.

"Today we are going to be practicing your fighting. That's what we do every day, except this time, we are going to be doing it on each other. Everyone is gonna gets in a circle, I'm gonna give everyone a number, and you all will take turns going in the middle. I'm going to yell a number, and you must remember who that is, and fight them. Got it?!" He shouted. "Yes, Sensei!"

"Mr. Diaz, you're up first." Of course, it was him. He nodded, as everyone formed a circle, he went in the middle as told. Sensei quickly pointed at each student, yelling out their number for Miguel to remember. Y/N ended up getting the number 4. "Okay, Mr. Diaz. You ready?" Miguel nodded. Sensei started yelling out random numbers that had been assigned to different students, starting with Aisha, then Mitch, and now Y/N. "Four!" Sensei screamed. His back was facing her, and Y/N took her chance, pushed him over, and swept his leg causing him to fall over. "Very nice, Y/N. Now we switch, sense Diaz fell over." Miguel sighed in defeat as he took Y/N's empty spot on the mat, now replacing her number.

"7!" Hawk. She beat his ass easily. "2!" Bert. She didn't go full-on with him but still kicked his ass. "4!" Diaz. She had her back turned toward Diaz, so Miguel could've easily gotten payback, but he didn't, since Y/N crouched down, dodging his kick, grabbing his leg, and flipping him over. "Well done! Miss L/N." Sensei said.

LATER THAT DAY

Sensei had allowed Y/N to stay late at the dojo and practice, she felt the need to try and get better as much as she could, desperately wanting to beat Miguel. She grunted as kicked the punching bag with all she could, imagining it was Diaz who she hated with all her might. She kicked the bag, did anything she could to get her anger out with it. "Um, hello?"

What the hell? Who was here? Sensei Lawrence had given her the keys and told her to lock up the dojo after she had finished, she wasn't done and he hadn't mentioned anyone else joining her. "Who is it?!" She shouted. "It's Miguel, who's that?" Oh, goodie, him again. She continued her practice on the punching bag, as Miguel walked into the backroom to the sight of his nemesis all sweaty and only in a sports bra and basketball shorts. She didn't care enough about putting anything over her, Miguel was an asshole anyway, so what's the point of getting all dressed up for that douche?

Miguel leaned on the door frame as he watched her carelessly assault the punching bag. He raised his eyebrows as he watched her. She stopped, "Could you go away? That's a little creepy," She insisted.

"Whatever," He said, stopping himself from thinking about her any further, "Sensei said I could come here and practice. Didn't know you'd be here," He said with disgust in his voice. That was more like it, she prefers the usual better.
She smirked, "Well thanks for that, Diaz, what do you need? I will gladly go back to imagining your face on this punching bag," She said. He glared at her, mocking what she had just said. She mocked back.