TWENTY

Chapter Twenty:

(TINE)

"Have you been practicing lately?"

I asked Wat. He nodded that made me pout. The event will be held 2 days from now and I still doesn't know what to sing.

"What song are you going to play?"

I asked again.

"Secret"

I rolled my eyes at him.

"I'll know it in the event anyway so why still keep it a secret?"

I said sarcastically.

"It's a surprise"

He said.

"Woah. Do you know about surprise too?"

I teased and I earned a glared at him. I don't know why he still grumpy at me. Hmp!

"Dim said that we have to prepare a song for someone. The idea is confusing. Why don't he just let us sing our favorites then? Why do we have to dedicate it to someone?"

I asked making Wat looked at me.

"Because that way we can put a lot more effort into it. Singing for someone makes the song more meaningful"

I looked at him in all curiosity.

"Remember I told you that I sing whenever I felt like it? I put more attention to the message of the songs. It's my way to communicate to someone"

"You always talk a lot whenever it comes to singing. Do you love singing that much?"

He nodded.

"Not just singing but playing guitar too. It keeps me at peace everytime. Have you ever lied to yourself when you sing?"

"What do you mean?"

Then he avert his eyes.

"When you're happy you sing a happy song when you're sad you sing a sad one. You felt it from within. I don't know if it just me, but it's the only way for me to be honest to myself too"

I felt that there's something behind his words.

"I often find myself putting the words I want to say in form of singing....."

Then he stopped as if he's contemplating if he will continue.

"If ever I confused you or whenever you want to understand me. You just have to pay attention to the lyrics I'm singing"

I felt my heart thumped at that. I don't know but I think he's giving me a way to understand him better. So it is true when he said he's not good at his words? Is that the reason why he doesn't want to open up to me? Is it the sign I've been waiting for? To get close to him more? Don't get me wrong, Wat and I are already friends. I know much things about him but sometimes I can feel like there is still something that makes me feel I'm an outsider in his life. It felt like he's near yet so far from me. And I don't like it.

"W-hy are you telling me that?"

I asked.

"I don't know maybe someday it will come handy"

He said and he winked. Tch.

Singing for someone? I think I already have an idea on what I'll do and who will be that one I will sing to.

******

We didn't expect the event will exceed our expectations. We gather a lot of donations thanks for the students who took their time to be there. Well I know that they are mostly here because of certain someone. Speaking of that someone, he will be the last performer. I thought he's going to sing a couple of songs but it turns out that he will be the last drop. Dim wants everyone to participate and it includes each of every member to perform. Air said that Dim wants everyone to know what the Music Club capable of.