CH. 8

“Can you help me?” he mumbled. Dahye and I placed his arms around our shoulders and carried him in.

“Hana!” I shouted and she showed up rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

“How can you two be so noisy, I’m- Omg what happened?” we lay Taehyung on the couch, “Who is he?” she asks frantically.

“A friend,” I said.

“I’ll call an ambulance,” Dahye started to walk away, but the boy held her shirt.

“No, no hospital,” he groaned in pain. I knelt beside him lifting his shirt to assess his injury, making the three of us gasp.

“Is that-” Dahye started but I cut her.

“Hana, where’s your first aid kit?”

“You’ve got to be kidding me.”

“You’re the nursing student here. It’s your time to shine.” 

“Y/n, he was stabbed! That’s a stabbed wound!”

“For fuck’s sake,” Dahye turned away and went to grab the kit.

“And I know that you know how to take care of this,” Hye placed the aid kit on the floor and both of us looked at Hana.

“Arrg, fine! I can’t believe I’m gonna do this!” she sat by my side and opened a sterile gauze, handing it to me. “Here, put pressure on it,” her quick hands were on move to separate what we needed and put on her gloves, “This is so wrong! He needs an x-ray to see if there is any internal damage or bleeding.”

She started to disinfect the wound. Tae's breath was heavy, and as soon as Hana started to work on the stitches, his eyes closed tightly while resting his arm on his forehead. The rain outside started to fall and Dahye entwined our arms while we observed our friend in action. 

The questions flooded my mind even more now while I gazed at the boy in pain in front of us. Of all people, why did he seek my house for help? We barely know each other, and it’s not like he knew Hana could take care of him.

“Okay, all done!” she sighed after putting a bandage on the now stitched wound, “I should get an IV started, but I obviously don't have the necessary materials. We should let him rest now,” we nodded. “Can we talk, please?” she asked.

I took one last look at Taehyung, who was now sleeping, and joined the girls in the kitchen. 

“What the fuck, Y/n?” oh no, Hana cursing is never a good sign, “Do you hang out with people who have been stabbed now? Should I be worried or expecting a gunshot wound next?”

“What? Of course not! We’re not even that close, okay? I don’t know why he came here. We’re just partners in a project, that’s all. Besides, we should wait for him to wake up to tell us what happened.” I crossed my arms and eyed my friends. Just like them my adrenaline was high and my head a mess.

“Okay fine,” Hana spun on her heels, walking back to her room, “But if he dies because there’s internal bleeding, that’s not on me.”

“I’ll remember that,” I said. 

“What now?” Dahye questioned.

“You can sleep, I’ll stay here keeping an eye on him.”

“Okay, call us if you need anything.” 

“I will.” 

I sat myself on a chair next to the sofa, hugging my legs and resting my chin on my knee, viewing Taehyung. He looked so peaceful while sleeping.