THE END

“Oh my God, you’re awake!” Tae exclaimed excitedly and ran to Jungkook’s side who couldn’t contain his tears “How are you feeling? Are you in pain? Have any doctors come to see you? I want to yell at you but I can't do it with you crying and all bruised up”

“I'm fine,” Jungkook managed to say between sobs.

“Is something wrong? Why are you like this?”

“I'm so sorry, Y/n” he looked at me and the scene was heartbreaking. I wanted to go to him and comfort him with something but of course I wouldn't do that. He didn't deserve it after all he put us through “There are no words to describe how sorry and humiliated I feel right now. Gosh,” he ran his hands over his face, wiping his wet rosy cheeks, “I didn't create an identity to make you like me, I've always been sincere. At first I really approached you with the expectation of getting information, but in time I saw you as a friend. But friends don't do what I did” he started to cry again, and I handed him a box of tissues that was on a table next to me.

I couldn't find the right words so I preferred to remain silent. He took the tissue that was offered and used it to wipe his face. When Hana said that he was red and purple she wasn’t lying. He had bruises on his arms, neck, a black eye, and a scratch on his right cheek. Someone didn’t beat him up, someone spanked him.

“What happened to you?” I asked barely in a whisper.

“I got greedy” his voice was low and he was looking at some point on the end of the bed “I had never made so much money in my life and even though I told myself that I would only do it to pay my mother's hospital bills... I began to want more. I finally had money to make and buy whatever I wanted that I just couldn't stop. And when I lost two customers to your app,” he looked at me “I realized that I could have so much more if I just took Drug Love offline. I got angry when I realized that you were trying to find out who was stealing your customers when I was the one who should be angry with you. So I spiked the weed thinking that nothing much would happen and that you would leave me alone but it just made you guys angrier, and for some reason me too and that's when it all started. I'm sorry, Y/n. For everything. I shouldn't have gone this far, this is not me. This is not who I am”

More tears started to fall and I sat up in bed. We were silent for a few seconds, just looking at each other until I lifted my hand and slowly wiped his cheek.

“I understand why you did it,” I whispered.

“I really had to, my mom was sick and my dad doesn't care and I couldn't start a full-time job because my mom needs me and I-”

“Hey, it's okay, Jungkook. I myself have done things that I'm not proud of just to survive the next day”

“But how did you end up in the hospital?” Tae questioned.

“I did the wrong math and ended up owing my dealer. He gave me one week to return his money or else he would have cut me off the list and beat me up, but I just couldn't get the money in time. So here we are” he smiled sadly

“Oh, Kook, why didn't you come to me? I could have helped you, I could have paid the hospital bills” Taehyung pronounced.

“Because I would have owed you then, even though you would have said I didn't have to pay it back. And I didn't want that. In fact, I kind of went to your brother for help”

“You what?” Taehyung shouted, not believing what he had just heard.

“I asked him if I could be one of the people who sold his drugs but he said it was too dangerous and also offered me money, but I refused and asked him not to tell you.”

“Jin knows?” he squealed.

“I think he does. He seems to know everything”

“Oh my God,” he ran his hands through his hair in pure indignation.