CH. 15

Taehyung’s POV 

I woke up that morning excited to go to college. I’ve been feeling this way for the past week and even tho I try not to think about it, I can't get Y/n out of my head. There’s something about her that makes me feel like myself, like I don’t have to put my mask on in order for her to like me. 

And the things she told me yesterday… I was so close to opening up about who I really am but I couldn’t. I never can. My dad used to warn us about that for such a long time and now Jin took the job of constantly reminding me that. But keeping this secret from everyone I know is slowly killing me. I don’t think I’m strong enough to deal with my family’s shit. 

With a towel around my waist I got out of the shower and rested my hands on the sink, staring at my reflection in the foggy mirror. I allowed a few drops of water to fall from my hair while watching the small improvement in my black eye. That was Jin's way of punishing me for not obeying his orders on such an important night, but well, fuck him. I made myself clear when I said I had no interest in accompanying him but he dragged me there anyway. 

I grabbed another towel and walked into my room drying my hair, heading to my closet to choose something to wear. Should I bet on a beret and glasses today? I don’t think Y/n saw me with those yet. All dressed up I moved to the accessories section picking up what I needed, feeling good and satisfied with myself after checking the mirror. 

I placed my bag on my bed and grabbed two sketchbooks, searching for Y/n’s portrait that I’ve been working on and ripping the page. She doesn’t need to know about this right now. I heard footsteps towards my room and sighed loudly knowing what it was going to be about. This house is fucking huge. Jin and I can go for days without seeing each other, so having him looking for me is never a good sign.

“Good morning, sunshine,” Jin stopped at my door, dressed in one of his ridiculous expensive suits, with his hands in his pockets. My attention goes back to my draws “You’re aware of our meeting today, right? Or will I need to fetch or call you, again?”

“I’m not going” 

“Oh, but you are. We talked about this already, Tae. It’s time to learn about your legacy” I clenched my jaw and turned at him.

“I don’t care about any of that”

“Well, I don’t remember asking what you care about” he looked around disinterested in what I have to say, as always “The board will be gathering and you're a member therefore you'll be there. Simple as that” he looked at me, tilting his head, daring me to go against him. But this is a losing battle. 

“Fine. I’ll show up” I rolled my eyes and I threw the backpack over my shoulders, picking up the car key on my nightstand and stopping in front of my brother “I have to go, can you move?”

“We should talk more about your friend... Miss Y/n” I growled in frustration.

“There’s nothing to talk about, Jin”

“So look me in the eye and tell me you’re not developing feeling towards her” not a single word came out of my mouth “I’m just worried about you”

“So don’t be. I don’t even know exactly what I’m feeling so leave me alone about it. And please, don’t go investigate her, ok?” he studied my expression for a while before showing me a small smile and taking a step back finally allowing me to leave. 

☆☆

“And I thought you couldn’t look hotter” Y/n told me the minute she got in class, sitting next to me.