CH. 26

A few hours before
Taehyung’s POV

“I think you should stay away from her for a while”; “We hurt the people we love, Taehyung. You should leave Y/n alone”; “Cut the attachments you have with that girl before something worse happens".
Seokjin's words had been revolving in my mind all week. Every time I thought about going to see Y/n so that we could finally clear things up and maybe get a second chance, my brother's annoying voice warned me that this was not a good idea.
And the worst part is that he wasn't wrong.

Ever since I met Y/n and got close to her the obscure side of my life was always present. I avoided taking her on dates, opening up, showing a side of myself for fear that the spark of joy I had when I was around her would fade away.

And as a result she got hurt. I hurt her. Seeing her having nightmares every night in the hospital and not being able to do anything to help was slowly killing me. And the feeling was happening again since I forced myself to stay away from her. But you know what?

Fuck it.

Fuck Seokjin if he didn't have the courage to fight for the woman he loved. I will not follow in his footsteps and let the best and most precious thing that ever happened to me simply slip through my fingers.
I got up from my bed determined to change my current reality and if it’s necessary to go against my brother's opinion to do so, so be it.

I found him in his office, formerly occupied by our father, with his glasses on while he analyzed some documents in front of him.

"We need to talk" I announced incisively, getting a quick glance from him.

"Have a seat" I did as he said, waiting for him to finish his reading to get his full attention. After a few seconds, he let out a small, humorless laugh and held out one of the papers to me "You were always good at getting into places tacitly, I remember you were first in your class. How about helping me with that?"

I did a quick read and the mission this time was to break into the warehouse of one of our competitors and find out what new drug they are producing, taking a small sample so that we could also manufacture it but with higher quality. Since my cousin informed the whole family that we raided the area of one of our enemies on a rescue mission, they believe that I have rejoined the business and that my "rebel phase" was finally over.

I put the paper on my brother’s desk and stared at him.

"It's about Y/n" as soon as the name left my lips my brother rolled his eyes, leaning back in his chair with a loud sigh.

"I thought we were done with that."

"No, you talked and believed I agreed. I'm going to tell her everything" he didn't like my statement and his face got rigid.

"And why do you think that is a smart idea?" I laughed sarcastically.

"I don't know bro, maybe because I owe it to her? Because I miss her so much? Because I lov-" I suppressed the last sentence and he raised an eyebrow.

"Interesting. So you love her?" I scratched the back of my neck.

"I don't know... Maybe? It's a new feeling"

"And you believe you can protect her? Like you did before?" a teasing smile played on his lips and I clenched my fists.

"Just because you have failed in the past doesn't mean I will do the same" the smile faded from his face as he studied mine. And it was then that I realized I had touched on a forbidden subject.

"I spanked you once and I can easily do it again, so watch your mouth, Taehyung," his voice was low and the way he looked at me said that he was not in the mood for jokes.