CH. 23

An annoying beep got me out of my wonderful sleep. The room I was in was really bright and the white walls only helped to reflect the sunlight. I looked to the side where the noise was coming from and there was a machine with some wires connected to me. Hospital. I was definitely in the hospital.

I tried to move my right hand but I couldn’t. On my other side was Jimin. He was sleeping on an armchair, feet over my bed and my arm against his chest, with our fingers intertwined. I noticed the bandage around my wrist that happily didn't hurt anymore. He had dark circles under his eyes and that only made me question for how long I had been here. Flashbacks from what happened floated my mind.

Tae and Jaehyun rescuing me.

The bruises caused by Scar.

Scar.

I killed him. I fucking killed a person.

“Oh my God! My baby is awake!” Hoseok shouted from the door, holding two cups of coffee.

He placed the drinks on a table and ran to my side, throwing Jimin’s legs on the floor who almost fell from his seat with the sudden act.

“How are you feeling? Are you ok? Are you in pain?” he squeezed my cheeks without giving me the opportunity to respond until Jimin pushed him.

“Stop being annoying” he looked at me “Why didn’t you wake me up? Do you need anything? Want me to call your doctor? Are you in pain? Do you wanna eat something?”

“I’m ok” I scratched my throat and Hobi was quick to cross the room to offer me water and help me sit “How long have I been out?”

“Two days” Jimin answered “They said that you lost a lot of blood and was dehydrated. We've been taking turns to stay with you until you wake up”

“Of course you are” I offered him a small smile “How did I get here?” Both of them exchanged a glance and Hoseok scratched the back of his head.

“I’ll tell the boys that you’re awake” he excused himself out of the room and Jimin sat down in front of me.

“What do you remember?”

“Not much. Just some flashes” I looked down, playing with the cover, slightly embarrassed for my current situation “I remember going to help Jin and some guys caught me, I remember being tied up, how the cuts happened, Taehyung helping me, and ... and having…” my eyes filled with tears and I took a deep breath before looking up at Jimin and whispering “I killed Scar, Jiminie. I don’t know what happened but I know I was the one who pulled the trigger and gosh, the look in his eyes it was-”

I don’t remember the last time I had no control over my emotions but this was one of those moments. I literally started to sob so Jimin sat by myself and pulled me to his chest, allowing me to wet his shirt with my tears as he gently ran his hand over my head. Should I blame myself for easily trusting someone who was clearly hiding something from me? Or Taehyung is totally innocent in all of this?

“It’s not your fault, Y/n. If you did what you did you must have a good reason for it”

“But what if-”

“No” he made me look at him, holding my face between his hands “I know you, ok? Trust me when I say this isn’t your fault and you can’t blame yourself for protecting your life, ok?” his look conveyed assurance and I could see that he really believed his words. I should too.

“Ok” I nodded. He pressed his forehead against mine and used his thumb to wipe away the few tears left on my cheek.

“You know,” he pulled away to look me in the eye and whispered “It breaks my heart seeing you crying over him. How can he not cherish someone like you?” Jimin went quiet for a few seconds, just enjoying the other’s presence “If we were a thing I would kiss you right now”