Chapter 1

Malvi's pov:

I was in a meadow with my prince charming. We were sitting on the soft grass talking softly. It was peaceful. He looked at me. I smiled. He leaned in and kissed me. I kissed back.
I layed back on the grass. He joined me. We lay there in a peaceful silence.

Something rang in my ears. It was my alarm. I opened one of my eyes and turned it off. I sat up and stretched. What a nice dream. Unfortunately I had to wake up. Is this life's way of telling me that I should find someone. Anyway, why is everybody's office arrival time in the morning?
Why does it have to be so early?
A few hours sleep can't hurt anyone. Well, that is what you get for sleeping late at night.

I jumped out of my bed. My coffee was already placed on the bedside table by my mom. I gulped it down. It wasn't that hot. I woke up more.

I walked over to my wardrobe and took out my today's clothing. Then, I fetched my towel from the balcony.
I walked over to my bathroom, placed my clothes and turned on the shower.

I work at a software company for 2 years. The job is boring. All I do is sit at a cubicle and stare at a computer screen. I am thinking of looking for another job in another city. Some place that has higher salary and better working conditions. But my parents live here. They want me to stay here.
Recently, 5 of us have been given the opportunity to work in our Bangalore branch for a month. But they only want one of us. The decision on who is going is supposed to come today, so I am counting my lucky stars.

I walked out the shower and got dressed. I comved my hair straight and tied it up in a ponytail.
I walked out of my room and headed towards the dining room for breakfast.

I sat on the table beside my father.
He works in a clothes manufacturing company as a dyeing manager.
"Good morning papa."

"Good morning Malvi."

My mom came from the kitchen with our breakfast plates. She teaches the subject Social Science in a school.

We ate our breakfast and talked lightly. I was already a little late for my office so I ate fast.
After I was done, I said,
"The decision on who is going to Bangalore is coming today. Wish me luck."

I quickly grabbed my purse and phone, kissed them both good bye and ran towards tbe bus stop. Thankfully, I didn't miss it.
I sat on a bus seat and I checked my messages. My friends wished me luck.

***

I entered through the doors of my office. I was about 5 minutes late. I swiftly walked over to my cubicle before my boss sees me.
I sat on my desk and turned my computer on. I took me a few minutes to settle in. After I arranged everything, I bemt down and started working.

It was about 6:30 when my boss, Anil walked over to my cubicle. I looked at him nervously.

"So the HR department has decided that you are going to Bangalore. Use the opportunity wisely. You leave in 2 days. The rest of the details will be given later on your phone."

I thanked him and decided to leave for the day. I walked out of my office building. Damn I already have to start packing.

I took the ride back home and told my parents about it. They too were equally happy. I went to my room and started packing. I am so excited.

What could even possibly go wrong?