Chapter 20

Aadrika' pov:

"Stop it." I kept screaming but none of them listened to me. Aadvik was overpowering Naadir who was just getting punched. I stepped in between them, Aadvik was about to accidentally hit me when Naadir stopped him.
"Please don't fight."
"Get aside Aadrika."
"Naadir you know I love Aadvik. No matter what I won't love you. I am getting married to him. And I don't love you. You have to understand it. You too are brothers. We have spent our entire childhood together.Please don't ruin the friendship between us. Please don't fight. You are like a brother to me. Please. Please leave. Both of you have done enough damage. Go."
Naadir looked furiously at me. I have never seen him so angry before. He shoved me and Aadvik and went the other way. Aadvik hugged me and said,
"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?"

"He didn't. Its just that I didn't expect this. I always thought he didn't like anyone. He is a brother to me."

"Yeah. But I know my brother. He wouldn't just silently watch this. He will do something. We have to stop it."

"We will talk about it later. Not come I have to tend your wounds."

We went back to my home. Naadir wasn't there. Maybe he was at his parents home. Aadvik had a bruised cheek, a swollen lip and a few cuts. Naadir was much worse.

The marriage was within a few weeks. They ought to heal by then, I guess.
We went to Aadvik's home but Naadir wasn't there. He was angry. We wanted to sort this out. Whatever this is.
Ever since I can remember, I spent so much time with Aadvik and Naadir. We played, laughed, talked together. I had always liked Aadvik. But I never thought Naadir had the same feelings. A year ago, Aadvik admitted that he liked me too. We have been together since then. But Naadir. He never said anything. But now, it is too late. I love Aadvik.

Maybe Naadir wasn't sure about his feelings . There must be someone else waiting for him. But I can't love him.
I never have and I never will.

Then a few minutes later, we were called for dinner. Naadir wasn't there. Where did he go?
His family were wondering the same. Nobody had seen since the both of us went to the forest. But I told them that he left after some time. Since then, even I haven't seen him anywhere. Maybe he just needs some time alone to himself. To center his thoughts. He must need some time to himself. He will come when he is ready. But Aadvik kept arguing. When it comes to something that Naadir wants, he doesn't listen to anyone. But I think that is not it. He will understand. He will have to.
But a strong feeling in my gut told the opposite.

Naadir's pov:
I was way too much angry to talk to anyone right now. I walked aimlessly in the forest. How could she say that she doesn't like me? I have seen the way she looks at me. She says that she loves Aadvik but in reality she loves me. I have seen the way she cares for me. But she did not care for me the same way when Aadvik was fighting with me. I was in pretty bad shape. Badder than Aadvik. But she didn't think of that. She cared about Aadvik. That idiot. If he hadn't been my brother I would have killed him.

I have loved Aadrika since I can remember. Then out of nowhere, Aadvik confesses. And she says that she returns the feelings. None of them even think about me. What I would go through. The marriage is in a handful of weeks. And there isn't one thing that I can do.
I smiled devilishly. Maybe there is. Something very evil. Something they will never forgive me for. But they should be alive for that...