Chapter 2

Malvi's pov:

My mom and I packed almost all of my belongings. It was around night when I received a text from the office of the schedule. One of my friends, Rivanya was going with me too.
Her parents live there. So she requested to go to Bangalore. I don't know how but she convinced them.

She even offered to allow me live in her parents house with her. I was relieved because I had a friend, Shreyangi who lived there with her fiancé. They offered me to stay but I didn't want to disturb their lives. I gladly took her offer.

Shreyangi and I met in high school. We had seen each other a lot of times before that, but we never talked. I still remember the time when a group of students including us played a prank on our teacher.

We were scolded a lot but it turned out to be a way for bonding between us. We became inseparable.

I remember being sad when my placement was here and Shreyangi's was at Bangalore.
I wished the best for her and advised her to go. Since then, we met only one time, but we talk regularly. She soon met one of her fellow workers and started dating him. His name is Avinash. They soon fell in love and now are engaged.

I have only once spoken to Avinash.

My mom soon decided to sleep and went to her room. My father was already asleep. I too decided to turn in for the night. I changed into my night clothes and switched the lights off.
I soon fell into a deep sleep.

The bloodshed was huge. People were trying to protect themselves and their family. But the soldiers payed no mercy and killed everyone. I felt and urge to save them. To end their sorrows. But all I could do was sit and watch. I was crying my eyes out. Everyone that I know or love is probably dead. And soon, even I will die.

I woke up gasping and shivering, covered in sweat. Another nightmare. They are becoming regular. I should really stop watching thrillers. All that stuff is getting in my head.

I sat up straight, still not being able to let go of the dream. It felt so real. I drank the glass of water kept on the bedside table. It was refreshing. I unlocked my phone and started watching a sitcom. It always calms me down. I watched two episodes and then fell asleep.

I woke up at seven. I took a shower and then ate my breakfast. Tomorrow I am going to Bangalore. The trip can most likely be extended.
Today's day passed in a blur. Probably because of my excitement. This was the first time my parents were letting me go somewhere far from them and the opportunity thrilled me.

Before I knew it, it was the next morning. I woke up before the alarm. I put my phone in charge and went to the bathroom to take a bath. I could barely walk straight. The thrill made me wanna jump.

I came downstairs ate my breakfast and watched some tv. My flight was at 10'o clock. I was supposed to get out of the house at 9:30. My father was going to drop me.

I kissed my mom goodbye and took my suitcase out. We took the bus.
I reached the airport exactly at the flight's time. I bid my father goodbye and walked through the terminals.

                              ***

I don't know the time that I landed. I saw Shreyangi immediately. I promised Rivanya to come to her home and then went off with Shreyangi. We talked and laughed. She took the day off.

I was going to have dinner at Shreyangi's tonight and then go to Rivanya's place.
I phoned my parents who were already angry for not calling early.

Even Avinash came early. We talked and I now know that he is perfect for Shreyangi.
We ate the dinner and then they dropped me at Rivanya's.
Tomorrow is my first day at the office. I have to sleep early.

I took a shower and then fell into a deep sleep.