Chapter 8

The next day

Nishant and I together went to the office. Over there, an excited discussion was held. Our company had decided to partnership with another company, a much larger one.
For that, a party was held 2 days later between both of the offices.
Everybody was excited.

I worked and worked until I decided to go back home and left my cubicle. I texted Nishant that we should go home as it is past the office hours.
He told me wait outside the exit for him.

I was waiting outside looking at the people passing by, when suddenly someone tightly hugged me from behind. I panicked.
I pushed around to see Nishant.
I smacked his arm.
"I missed you."
"Me too. But don't do that again."

We were on our way back home talking when suddenly he said,
"Would you like to meet my best friend?"
"Yeah of course."
"He is a very protective sort of person and just wants to be sure that you are good. Because I have been in a serious relationship before and she left me."
"Oh, is that the reason you don't socialise much?"
"Yes. I will fix a dinner with. "
"Will you be there too?"
"Yes."

We went home and he talked to his friend, while I made dinner.
"We are meeting him tomorrow around 7:30."
We ate and then slept.

I was a little nervous, who wouldn't be when you meet your boyfriend's best friend to make sure he approves of you for him?
The dinner was at 7:30.
We came home a little early.

We entered the restaurant and he spotted his friend in one of the seats.
He stood up, seeing us. He was short in height, with black curly hair and black eyes.
He hugged Nishant and extented a handshake at me saying,
"Hi, I am Jayesh. You must be Malvi. Glad to finally meet you."
I smiled and shook his hand.
"Hello, I am Malvi and I am glad to meet you too."
"Let's take our seats."
"Yes."

The dinner was good, we talked and laughed at his and Nishant's high school stories .
I could tell that they had been buddies for a long time.
I was getting the feeling that he liked me for Nishant and maybe he will approve. Then we bid each other good byes and went home.

On our way home, Nishant said,
"He likes you a lot."
I smiled.
We then reached home and went to sleep.

The only thing visible were their faces and that scared me.
I looked forward and saw him covered in blood. And that is when the sword splitted his head from his body.

I woke up screaming and grasping for air, scared so much that Nishant quickly woke up. He hugged me and consoled me but didn't ask what I saw. And this time in his arms I once again fell in a deep sleep, this one, without any nightmares.....