Chapter 19

Author's note:
I am soo sorry for the delay. My school started and I had to study. But I made time and I am uploading today. Thanks for waiting. Please like, vote and comment.

The past life:

Aadrika's pov:
It was dark. Then I heard a loud voice and I woke up.
I got out of my bed and opened the door.
Aadvik was standing there, a big smile on his face. I scrowled back, annoyed.
"What?"

"The chief is calling you, Aadrika."

"What for?"

"Just come on."

"Now I am scared."

"Get ready and come."

I washed my face. I am scared there must be another trouble.We were a tribe.
Our chief, my father, Kadina was facing some troubles with our rival tribe. Both of our tribes agreed on a peace treaty but they broke it.  Their plan was to kill my father. Since then they have been trying to mess with us.
But they failed every time.
Aadvik and his younger brother, Nadeen were my best friends.
Aadvik and I loved each other. We will be married within a short period of time.
After we are married, Aadvik will become the next head of the tribe. Everyone is happy about it. Because Aadvik is kind and good and wise and understanding.
Nadeen didn't like anybody. I brushed my hair and went outside to find Aadvik waiting for me.
He smiled.
"Now tell me what is going on?"

"Nothing, just breakfast."

"Why would you scare me to death for no reason?"

"Because I love it when you get scared."

"Hmph."
Nadeen joined us. We talked and laughed and ate breakfast.
Today we were holding a feast for the people of our tribe where we are going to announce our marriage.

All three of us went to the forest.
Naadir and Aadvik were experts at hunting. They are very good archers too.
I didn't like to hunt. But I too was good with weapons. I sat by the river while they went to hunt. They were very close with each other.
I didn't have a sister. I had once, but she died during birth. My mother couldn't bear this and died too.

We didn't realize until it got too late.
The three of us hurried back to our homes to get dressed.
"I'll meet you at the feast."
Aadvik said and kissed my forehead.
"Yeah."
I looked at Naadir who was staring warily at us.
"What?"
"Nothing."

I got dressed and combed my hair.
My father called me and we went together to the feast. Aadvik and Naadir were already there with their families.
We first announced our wedding and the people were happy.
They already expected something to happen between the two of us. We spent our entire childhood together.
We ate and then everybody laughed and singed and danced.
That is when a very anxious looking guard came towards us.
He whispered something in my father's ear and left.
2 guards surrounded me.
"What's happening?", I asked but it was already too late as I felt a piercing pain in my stomach.

I woke up. Everything was blurry at first even the voices. I opened my eyes and saw Aadvik. He was talking anxiously with a man. He looked at me and all the anger disappeared replaced by happiness.
"What happened?" I asked through my hoarse throat. He brought a glass of water near my lips and I drank all of it.
"We received news from our spy in the rival tribe. They were planning to do something big. So they decided to kill you. We got the news a little late. And we couldn't protect you by the time the arrow hit you. You have been out for two days."
"Seriously?"
"Yes."
"Now I gotta go and tell the chief that you are awake. He is very worried. I call Naadir."
He left. A short while later Naadir came running to my room. He saw me and hugged me very tightly.
"I thought a lost you."

"But you didn't."

He didn't let go. We continued for a long while. We let go when my father came and hugged me too.

So I wasn't allowed to get out my bed for a while and I was pretty angry about it. Everybody took care of me but it was still bad. Not being able to do anything. The whole week passed swiftly.

Aadvik was busy today so Naadir took me outside today. Aadvik kissed my forehead and promised to join us as soon as he can. We were sitting in a meadow, it was beautiful.
"There is something I want to tell you. Please consider it first and then think. And be aware, I am very serious about it."

"Go ahead."

"I love you, Aadrika."

"What?"

"Yes. It is true. I never got a chance to say it until now. Aadvik was always woth us and I could not just say it in front of him."

"I am sorry but I can't. "

Another voice entered.
"Can't what?"

I looked up to see a furious Aadvik. He hear everything.
"I love her brother. Please you have to understand this."

"But she loves me Naadir."

"If she tries she can even love me."

The talking soon turned to an argument and that led to a fight.
They were on the groung fighting like animals.

Oh god, what to do now?