7 Circus And A Certain Magician

"Good morning my loves." Kurapika rubbed his eyes and saw Gon and Killua on the table. "How did you..." The laundry basket was knocked over and books were stacked next to a chair. "Did you two climb?" The blonde blinked at the genius of the attempt the two had done.

'They're really growing.'

Gon held a placemat that was soaked in drool. "Mama!" He cried.

Killua clapped his hands together when he saw his caretaker. "Mama Mama Mama!"

Kurapika gave a gentle laugh and scooped both babies in his arms, kissing their heads. They pawed at his face, laughing and cooing.

"Look who's up before me!" Leorio sauntered out of his room.

"Forgive me for waking you up." The blonde apologized.

The doctor waved his hand over his head. "Don't worry about it." He took the babies from the blonde. "How are my boys?!" He yelled.

Killua growled happily and Gon let out a jovial screech.

"Phone!"

"Dada!"

"All right!" Leorio spun them around, laughing.

"He calls you Dada?" Kurapika asked as Leorio gently lay them on their backs on the sofa.

"Yeah," The brunette paused to look at his smaller friend. "He started calling me that after we won yesterday."

Both parents went quiet for a moment, remembering the day before. Looking down at Gon, the doctor still saw the bruises on the baby as he undressed him. Gon kicked his legs as Leorio rubbed his stomach gently. Killua seemed fine as Leorio undressed him. No bruises, no scratches.

"I would like to go to the circus today." Kurapika took one sailor suit and proceeded to dress Killua.

"Why do you want to go to the circus?"

The blonde explained the clowns from the day before, and how he believed Alluka was there, leaving out the fact they thought he was a female.

"I see," The brunette nodded. "Do you want to rescue her or something?"

"No, I think she can hold her own, or Nanika can," The blonde thought aloud. "I wish to see if we can get her to change the boys back."

They both looked down at the now dressed babies. Gon was cooing, gnawing on his foot, while Killua folded his little arms behind his head.

"I suppose it's worth a try." Leorio said after a moment of silence. "Whatever's best for them." He pressed his lips together.

Kurapika nodded, a feeling rising in his chest. What was it? He certainly wanted the boys to be back to normal again, but how they were now filled a part of him he couldn't explain.

Gon noticed the kurta's saddened expression and stuck out his bottom lip.

"No don't be sad." Leorio leaned over both Gon and Killua, who, for a split second, the blonde noticed that same still look in his eyes. All in an instant.

Leorio tickled their stomachs and both babies brought their legs up to their chests, giggling and gurgling. "Dada won't let you feel sad! You can count on me cause today, we're going to the circus!" He buried his face in Gon's stomach then Killua's. They squealed and laughed.

Kurapika watched the spectacle. It was a happy moment, he knew that, but he felt the moments with them were becoming more precious. The thought of them not being infants anymore made him feel as if he were losing something. He didn't realize a tear had escaped his eye until it had seeped down his cheek. Quickly wiping it away, the blonde turned around and slipped his shoes on.