27 Hair Cut Amends

The next morning came all too quickly than what Kurapika would've liked. His body still ached from yesterday and his brain was running on fumes. The tired, guilty ridden blonde hugged a pillow tight to his chest, easing the discomfort on his budding pectorals. He sighed loudly, knowing now why his shirts weren't fitting the same anymore. Sitting up in bed, Kurapika couldn't help but tear up as he thought about his body.

'Why can't I be normal?' He thought sadly, his bangs getting in the way of his vision yet another time. The reoccurring thought of having to wear bras made him feel uncomfortable as he trudged to the bathroom and experimentally put on a white sports training bra. He was glad this one didn't have a clasp, as he could slip it on like a tight shirt. It was comfortable and did the work of keeping his skin tightened, like a hug. A small smile graced his lips as the discomfort diminished greatly of his ever aching chest. Looking at his reflection in the large mirror, it terrified the blonde that he looked so... feminine. He always did in the first place, but now, well, now he was looking like a female, which felt so out of place for him now.

Kurapika still retained the broad shoulders and widened chest of a male, minus his ribs still showing from malnutrition in the past. His hair was now down to his clavicle, and was shinier and thicker due to the rush of hormones, along with his face that now seemed to be glowing, the most attractive he'd ever seen on himself before.

A surge of confidence went through him as he balled his fists and gave a half smile to himself in the mirror as he inspected himself in every angle. He looked fantastic.

A loud bump echoed through the house followed by a muffled scream with a string of profanities muttered. Leorio was awake. Whatever confidence was in him before completely evaporated and fear replaced it. What if Leorio notices his changes?

Kurapika suddenly couldn't look at himself in the mirror anymore, and used his hands to meekly cover his thin frame that was exposed to the mirror in front of him. He put his robes on hastily while sighing audibly, letting the negative voice berate him with shame. His face now distraught, the blonde quickly changed his look to a neutral one, and tried a small smile to at the very least make himself look happy, even though it hurt his heart so much.

Downstairs he could hear Leorio cooking, humming a tune of some sort that was pleasing to the ear. He turned the corner to find Leorio cooking bacon and pancakes, in his own little world, unaware of Kurapika behind him. Butterflies exploded in his stomach upon seeing Leorio, a fierce blush crawling up his neck. He forgot his "attraction" to the brunette overnight. The tanned muscles that expressed years of athleticism showed through his dark blue long sleeve shirt, which was rolled up to his forearms. His calves shook every so slightly when he moved to attend to one of the burners of food, and that all by itself was enough to send Kurapika over the moon with giddy joy.

The blonde watched the back muscles of Leorio shift and ripple gracefully, and he wondered how it would feel to touch them.

What?

He shook his head, as he exited the kitchen into the vast living room, taking a moment to breathe. What kind of thought was that just now? Kurapika put a hand over his suddenly racing heart, trying to calm himself. Since when did he get so flustered and anxious around the lovable string bean he called his friend? Internally, a new little voice stated to Kurapika the concept of friends wasn't enough. Kurapika wanted more.

His stomach growled loudly, and the blonde fought the butterflies creeping up his throat and stepped into the kitchen, coughing to make his presence known. Leorio swiveled his head over at the sound and beamed happily at Kurapika, giving the poor blonde a near heart attack. "Hiya, Pika!" 'That damn nickname'. "Guess what? The boys can walk down the stairs now! Well not really, they kinda go down on their butts but they're becoming more independent by the day! Can you believe that?" The brunette rambled on and on about their children, making Kurapika smile at how excited he was just talking about them. "Their speech is coming along really well too, and Killua calls me Papa now!"