13 The Skyscrapers

Another rumble trembled beneath their feet. Killua never once took his eyes off his older brother. Kurpika gritted his teeth. 'Is Illumi going to kill Alluka?' Anxiety pitted itself in his stomach.

Illumi stepped closer. The white haired boy recoiled and buried his face in the blonde's chest.

"Hey Kil," The assassin's voice plainly said. "It's been a while since I've seen you this small." He stopped approaching when Killua cried out and clung to the kurta harder. "I thought I taught you to not be afraid of me." He held up his finger. "Come here." He commanded.

Killua continued to stare, his eyes slitted. He shook his head. In the back of his mind, he vaguely remembered getting the needle out of his head from Illumi some time ago. He furrowed his eyebrows at his brother.

"No." Killua said definitively.

His brother's hair blew gently in the wind, and for some time he said nothing. Leorio held Alluka close. He worried about the two powerhouse hunters, what their intentions were. Glancing down, the brunette saw that the girl was still sleeping peacefully. 'Please wake up soon.'

"You both are his caretakers?" Illumi asked.

"Yes." Kurapika nodded, his body tensed, waiting for an attack. He had just got his baby back to life, and there was no way he'd let him be taken away again.

Illumi's eyes remained unblinking on the blonde. "Very well." He relaxed his shoulders. "So both of you are the equivalent of butlers to him." The slender assassin put his hand on his hip. "Who is the one who killed Killua?"

"It was this family!" Leorio spoke up. "The father picked a fight with me and his baby Richard hurt Gon. But Killua here beat the crap outta him!"

"Yes, the family's mother, Karen, was also aggressive and self righteous. Because Killua beat her child up, when we least expected it, she kicked him-" the kurta's memory suddenly concentrated on that moment that was all too fast. He saw Killua's hand reaching out as he was on the grass on all fours, a slight smile on his tiny face, then the foot. That black wedge heel coming at its incredible speed, hitting that vulnerable spot in the baby's stomach. The force that hurled the baby through the air, before hitting a tree... and that sickening crack-

The blonde's blood boiled. He clenched his teeth, realizing what he had missed. "Karen." He growled. "She's a nen user." His eyes glowed a deadly red. "There's no way she could've gotten up that fast after I hit her."

"A nen user?" Illumi's veins bulged from his arms. "I will make her suffer." The assassin let out his bloodlust, his hair rising upward as the dark waves of his aura emanated from his body. The dark feeling of his killing hunger was almost tangible. Hisoka looked on at the assassin, a wayward lazy smile creeping on his face. Killua clung to Gon, his knuckles white.

"I might have an idea where she works." Leorio said meekly after Illumi had managed his bloodlust a little. He had also been thinking about that day. He had noticed on Kyle's shirt there was an emblem of a shield with a blue dragon on it. He hadn't thought much of it until now.

"Where?" Illumi came up on him, eyes almost completely black.

"Uhm-" Leorio cleared his throat. "It's near the East side of the city," That was the wealthiest area, generally speaking. "Her husband had an emblem of the body guards that look after the Khan family." He took in a shaky breath to continue. "Tonight many strong families are gathering at the Khan's colossal skyscraper. They invited the public from the festival there tonight." That explained why there weren't many people on the train going West.

"Then you will show me the family, and I will kill them."

XXX

Alluka felt rocking. Opening her eyes, she was on a man's back as he ran. His dark hair was blown back by the wind. She was secretly impressed at how fast he was moving with a suit on. To the left of him was a blonde, no Kurapika, gliding gracefully through the sky, holding her beloved brother in one arm and Gon in the other. Golden lights illuminated the streets below as people milled under them. Up ahead was a red haired magician Alluka had never seen before in black heels. Her oldest brother, Illumi, led the way over the rooftops, footsteps silent.