30 Confession

Slowly the pieces started to come together in Leorio's mind. The act of touching Kurapika's chest and feeling something very off basically put his mind in an almost sober state again.

'I'm intersex.'

Intersex. Kurapika was born with male and female parts. The books stated how rare it was in nature, or how confused the individual may be because of it. They could never really be one or the other, but.... oh, what did it say? The brunette tried to remember. He thought about all the times he couldn't place Kurapika completely, and now he knew why. The first time he laid eyes on Kurapika, he thought he was a girl, until hitting him in the nuts which he wasn't sure existed, existed, threw the blonde then in an angry fit.

Kurapika was full of surprises.

Leorio opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out but a sad groan. Inwardly he began to blame himself for not noticing the signs earlier, but it was such a reach that even he couldn't have predicted this. The brunette realized his fists were clenched so hard he was popping arm veins while he thought.

The blonde sat on the ground now, head hung low in a defeated posture, the palms of his hands to the sky, showing his vulnerability to the still shocked doctor. Leorio could barely make out the rise and fall off his shoulders in the shadows and light as he saw Kurapika's jaw was tight causing dimples to appear on his chin. What surprised him even more was when the blonde spoke.

"You were never supposed to know." He whispered, the tightness in his voice making it painfully clear how he felt. A long moment passed, and the world seemed to go completely silent before the blonde looked up at Leorio on his knees in a begging posture. "Please," He choked, his face full of fear and agony. "Please don't— don't leave me!" He shouted with his hands in prayer position to the brunette. Leorio nearly lost his composure seeing him in this state, shock still holding him back. "Don't leave me, please! I didn't know how to tell you! I'm sorry. I didn't want you looking at me— like, like how you're looking at me now!!" Raw emotion and hurt ripped through Kurapika seeing Leorio look at him like that with a blank, angry expression. "I'm sorry for lying! I'm sorry Leorio! I'm just so..... sorry!" The lump of emotion he'd been suppressing in his chest flew up to his throat and exploded through his eyes as he began to weep shamelessly in front of Leorio, crocodile tears traveling down his arms and dripping off at his elbows.

"Please. don't leave. don't leave me please~" He whimpered over and over again, his body shaking as he ragged out the pleas over and over. This was it. Leorio was going to leave him. Their friendship was ruined.

"Stop." The voice of Leorio cut through his self deprecating thoughts.

Leorio swayed on his feet a little, the information still hitting him like a wave, making him light headed. "Stop saying that." He said a little louder this time, falling gently to the despondent kurta's level. "I won't leave you!"

"Yes you will," Kurapika continued to cry. "Because I'm a freak of nature."

"SHUT UP KURAPIKA!" Leorio screamed, grasping him by the arms so they were face to face. "Don't ever say that about yourself! I don't give a damn if you're intersex! I was just surprised is all, and I won't leave you! I won't!" He snapped again when he saw the blonde's mouth about to protest. "I made the decision long ago to not leave you alone ever again because you mean too much to me to lose! And so what you're intersex? I don't care! What kind of a person would I be if I left you? If I lost you, I would lose my entire world!" Leorio snatched off his spectacles to look Kurapika directly in the eyes. "We're together for life, you got that, kurta?" The brunette snatched him into a hug.

Kurapika's eyes cascaded with more tears and wails as he was enveloped in the most familiar set of arms he'd come to know. Leorio clung to him like he was about to turn into smoke, holding him until his cries subsided before pulling back to look at him. His face was tears stained and the alcoholic flush caused Leorio to wrap his arms around his waist to bring him closer.